Based in the heart of Covent Garden, the museum explores the powerful link between transport and the growth of modern London, its culture and society since 1800.
Highlights include the iconic red London bus, the world's first Underground steam train and the padded cell - a train carriage dating back to the 1890s.
Design lovers and transport enthusiasts alike can enjoy the Design for Travel gallery which showcases pioneering advertising posters and artworks. You'll see Harry Beck's original artwork for his groundbreaking London Underground map and the story of the development of the world-famous roundel transport logo.
Young people and adults can enjoy the interactive galleries which include stepping aboard real buses and trains and having a go on a Tube driving simulator.
You can find the perfect gift or iconic London souvenir in our shop, or relax in our cafe bar overlooking Covent Garden Piazza. Entry to the shop and cafe is free.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, you can expect to find special safety measures in place due to the coronavirus pandemic. For more information, check direct with the venue ahead of your visit.
Prices and opening times
|Child ticket (0 to 17 years old)||FREE|
|Concession ticket||£17.00 per ticket|
|Adult ticket||£18.50 per ticket|
Tickets are valid for 12 months from date of purchase. Save £1.50 when purchasing tickets online, in advance.
Children and young people aged 18 and under go free.
This content has been supplied by London Transport Museum
Monday to Sunday 10am - 6pm (last admission 5:15pm)
Images and Videos
Venue Details & Map
London Transport Museum
Covent Garden Piazza, Covent GardenLondonWC2E 7BB
- +44 (0)343 222 5000
- Public transport:
- Underground: Leicester Square, Charing Cross, Embankment and Covent Garden Bus: Strand or Aldwych National Rail: Charing Cross and Waterloo Boat: Embankment or Westminster piers
Facilities & Accessibility
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- All routes suitable for pushchairs or prams
- Access into the Building
- Automatic doors
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to dining area
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the bar
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Staff disability awareness trained
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Level access, ramp or lift from entrance to reception
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Attraction Facilities
- Gift shop
- Patron toilets
- Booking Facilities
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities
- Event catering
- Private Dining
- Vegetarian options on menu
- Event Facilities
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference rooms / Meeting rooms
- In house AV available
- Offers charity rates
- Raked or tiered seating offered
- Trade vehicle access
- Venue allows outside catering
- Venue can display vehicles inside
- General Facilities
- Free WiFi
- Payment Facilities
- Group rates available