Explore the history, diversity and youth culture of Brent with a whole year of events and activities during its time as The Mayor’s London Borough of Culture 2020.
This north-west London borough's packed programme of activities celebrates the area through the untold stories, art and emotions that make up the heart of Brent.
Highlights of Brent’s 2020 programme
- Welcome the new London Borough of Culture with Rise – a celebration of Brent’s diverse community through dance, projection, film and sound. 18 Jan
- Visit The Museum of All Brent Life, as 10 neighbourhoods come together to create a living museum, representing local stories, people and objects. 16 May
- Head to The Kilburn High for a traffic-free summer street party, packed with visual arts, music performances and delicious food. 11 Jul
- Listen to the sounds of talented London artists during a huge musical showcase at the Arena Takeover in Wembley. 5 Sep
- Head to as Harlesden as its high street, bars, community centres and churches are filled with reggae tunes for The Bass Weekender. 3-4 Oct
What is The Mayor’s London Borough of Culture?
Introduced by Mayor of London Sadiq Khan in 2017, The Mayor’s London Borough of Culture award offers more than £1m of funding for two boroughs to host a range of cultural events, activities and initiatives over a whole year.
Waltham Forest in north-east London was named The Mayor's London Borough of Culture for 2019, and Brent won the award for 2020. The two winning boroughs were selected from a competition that was open to all London boroughs.
The Mayor’s London Borough of Culture award brings Londoners together. Putting culture at the heart of local communities, where it belongs. Shining a light on the character and diversity of London’s boroughs and showing culture is for everyone.