See a scarier side to London this Halloween, with our guide to the spookiest things to do in the capital on and around 31 October.
From haunted venues and bone-chilling attractions, to special Halloween tours and gripping family activities, plan your Halloween in London with our roundup of gory ideas and horrifying activities.
Many more Halloween events will be announced closer to the date, so check back nearer the time for more London Halloween ideas.
Scary London Tours
- Discover the dark secrets and gory history of London with The Ghost Bus Tours or a Tales of Plague Guided Walk.
- Retrace the infamous murderer’s footsteps with Jack the Ripper Ghost Walks and see his story come to life with The Jack the Ripper Tour with Ripper-Vision.
- Go on an unnerving ghost hunt in London with Haunted Happenings.
Halloween Events and Frightening London Attractions
- Explore culture after dark with Museums at Night's Halloween-themed activities. 26-28 Oct
- Join in the special Halloween events at The London Dungeon, where London’s horrible history and terrifying characters come vividly to life.
- Go on a mind-derailing journey through fear with Derren Brown’s Ghost Train at Thorpe Park.
- Discover the unnerving history of 19th-century surgery at the Old Operating Theatre.
- One of the West End’s longest-running plays, The Woman in Black will have you at the edge of your seat.
- Get up close to some of the world’s most feared animals, with In with the Spiders at ZSL London Zoo or Snorkelling with Sharks at SEA LIFE London Aquarium.
Haunted London Spots
- Grab a pint in one of London’s many old haunted pubs, including The Grenadier, The Spaniards Inn and The Viaduct Tavern.
- Hear the screaming ghost of Catherine Howard in Hampton Court Palace’s Haunted Gallery.
- Visit one of London’s beautiful and eerie cemeteries.
- Catch a show at Theatre Royal Drury Lane, London’s most haunted theatre.
Horrible Half-Term Family Fun
- Explore a deserted Hampton Court Palace with an evening Family Ghost Tour. From Oct
- Delve into the menacing world of the Dark Arts as the Harry Potter sets get a chilling makeover for Halloween at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London. 27 Oct-6 Nov
- Look out for more Halloween family fun, as many London attractions put on special activities for children during the school half-term.
Halloween Parties and Nights Out in London
- Mingle with ghosts and witches at one of many Halloween nights in London's clubs.
- Sip on a wicked cocktail deep inside the foundations of an ancient church at the Pix Confessional Cocktail Club.
- Pick up a spooky costume for your Halloween night out at one of London’s fancy dress shops.
For more year-round gory activities and frightening attractions in London, take a look at our 13 Spook-tacular Ways To Enjoy London, or browse our guide to what's on for more things to do during your visit.