See a scarier side to London this Halloween, with our guide to the spookiest things to do in the capital on and around 31 October.
From haunted venues and bone-chilling attractions, to special Halloween tours and gripping family activities, plan your Halloween in London with our spooky ideas below.
More Halloween events in London will be announced soon, so check back nearer the time for even more Halloween ideas.
Scary London Tours
- Visit the Tower of London’s spookiest corners after dark with a Tower Twilight Tour. From 6 Nov
- Discover the dark secrets and gory history of London with The Ghost Bus Tours.
- Go on an eerie Ghost Ship tour of the Cutty Sark, before settling down to a screening of the classic 1931 Dracula movie. 28 Oct
- Explore a deserted Hampton Court Palace with an evening Family Ghost Tour of the historic palace. 31 Oct
- Retrace the infamous murderer’s footsteps with Jack the Ripper Ghost Walks and see his story come to life with The Jack the Ripper Tour with Ripper-Vision.
Haunted London Spots
- Grab a pint in one of London’s many old haunted pubs, including The Grenadier, The Spaniards Inn and The Viaduct Tavern.
- Hear the screaming ghost of Catherine Howard in Hampton Court Palace’s Haunted Gallery.
- Visit one of London’s beautiful and eerie cemeteries.
- Catch a show at Theatre Royal Drury Lane, London’s most haunted theatre.
- Check out our Haunted London infographic for more haunting experiences and venues.
Gloomy Events and Halloween Activities
- Tuck into a gruesome banquet hosted by Roald Dahl’s hideous characters with Dinner at the Twits. 4 Sep-30 Oct
- Explore culture after dark with Museums at Night Halloween-themed activities. 27-29 Oct
- Step into Harry Potter’s world of wizards and witches, and see the Great Hall decorated for Halloween. 15 Oct-4 Nov
- One of the West End’s longest-running plays, The Woman in Black will have you at the edge of your seat.
- Get up close to some of the world’s most feared animals, with In with the Spiders at ZSL London Zoo or Snorkelling with Sharks at SEA LIFE London Aquarium.
Frightening London Attractions
- London’s horrible history and terrifying characters come vividly to life at The London Dungeon and the London Bridge Experience.
- Go on a mind-derailing journey through fear with Derren Brown’s Ghost Train at Thorpe Park.
- Discover the unnerving history of 19th-century surgery at the Old Operating Theatre.
Halloween Parties and Nights Out in London
- Don your best Halloween outfit and join a starry line-up for The KISS Haunted House Party at SSE Arena, Wembley. 27 Oct
- Sip on a wicked cocktail deep inside the foundations of an ancient church at the Pix Confessional Cocktail Club.
- Pick up a chilling costume ready for your Halloween night out at one of London’s fancy dress shops.
For more year-round gory activities and frightening attractions in London, take a look at our 13 Spook-tacular Ways To Enjoy London.