See a scarier side to London this Halloween, with our guide to the spookiest things to do in the capital on and around 31 October.
From haunted venues and bone-chilling attractions, to special Halloween tours and gripping family activities, plan your Halloween in London with our roundup of gory ideas and horrifying activities.
Halloween Events and Spooky Activities
- Join a very mortal talk, tour or workshop, including visits of London's most famous cemeteries, during The London Month of the Dead. 1-30 Oct
- Explore culture after dark with Museums at Night's Halloween-themed activities. 27-29 Oct
- Tuck into a gruesome banquet hosted by Roald Dahl’s hideous characters with Dinner at the Twits. 4 Sep-30 Oct
- Go on an unnerving ghost hunt in London's Ragged School with Haunted Happenings. 29 Oct
- Catch a comedy horror double bill, as BFI Southbank screens the cult movies Rocky Horror Picture Show and Shock Treatment with live performances and panels. 29 Oct
- One of the West End’s longest-running plays, The Woman in Black will have you at the edge of your seat.
- Get up close to some of the world’s most feared animals, with In with the Spiders at ZSL London Zoo or Snorkelling with Sharks at SEA LIFE London Aquarium.
Scary London Tours
- Visit the Tower of London’s spookiest corners after dark on a Tower Twilight Tour. From 6 Nov
- Go on an eerie Ghost Ship tour of the Cutty Sark, before settling down to a screening of the classic 1931 Dracula movie. 28 Oct
- Explore the old tunnels and haunted dungeons that lie beneath the Old Royal Naval College. 29 and 31 Oct
- Discover the dark secrets and gory history of London with The Ghost Bus Tours or a Tales of Plague Guided Walk.
- Retrace the infamous murderer’s footsteps with Jack the Ripper Ghost Walks and see his story come to life with The Jack the Ripper Tour with Ripper-Vision.
Frightening London Attractions
- London’s horrible history and terrifying characters come vividly to life at The London Dungeon. Join the witch hunt this October with additional Halloween shows, where everyone is a suspect.
- Go on a mind-derailing journey through fear with Derren Brown’s Ghost Train at Thorpe Park, or dare to enter the live action scare maze in one of October's special Fright Nights.
- Discover the unnerving history of 19th-century surgery at the Old Operating Theatre.
Horrible Half-Term Family Fun
- Explore a deserted Hampton Court Palace with an evening Family Ghost Tour. 31 Oct
- Step into Harry Potter’s world of wizards and witches, and see the Great Hall decorated for Halloween. 15 Oct-4 Nov
- Enjoy a night of torchlit tours and scary surprises followed by a sleepover at the Museum of London or Chelsea FC Museum. 28 and 29 Oct
- Watch Halloween-themed animal demonstrations and get hands-on with spooky activities at ZSL London Zoo's Boo at the Zoo. 22-30 Oct
- See acrobats, clowns, horses and even cats perform fearsome stunts at Zippos Halloween Circus. 21-30 Oct
- Hear stories of haunting goings on at Ham House and follow the ghostly garden trail. 24-28 Oct
- Pick up a pumpkin-themed activity pack for kids, including templates for carving a pumpkin, at the Coca-Cola London Eye. 22-31 Oct
- Look out for more Halloween family fun, as many London attractions put on special activities for children during the school half-term.
Haunted London Spots
- Grab a pint in one of London’s many old haunted pubs, including The Grenadier, The Spaniards Inn and The Viaduct Tavern.
- Hear the screaming ghost of Catherine Howard in Hampton Court Palace’s Haunted Gallery.
- Visit one of London’s beautiful and eerie cemeteries.
- Catch a show at Theatre Royal Drury Lane, London’s most haunted theatre.
- Check out our Haunted London infographic for more haunting experiences and venues.
Halloween Parties and Nights Out in London
- Embark on a hellish journey into the plague pit at the Freakshow Clubaret Party. 28-29 Oct
- Take to the Thames with a chilling Fright Night boat party. 29 Oct
- Watch freakish performers and daring acrobats, and dance the night away at the Dark Circus Party, The London Cabaret Club’s Sympathy for the Devil or The Seven Deadly Sins Halloween Ball. 28-29 Oct
- Climb to hair-raising heights for Halloween At The Top party at Sky Garden. 29 Oct
- Don your best Halloween outfit and join a starry line-up for The KISS Haunted House Party at SSE Arena, Wembley. 27 Oct
- Mingle with ghosts and witches at one of many Halloween London club nights, from The Moonwalking Dead at O2 Academy Islington, to Dirty Retro at the Magic Roudabout. 29 Oct
- Get your face painted before crawling round the West End on a Fright Night pub crawl. 31 Oct
- Sip on a wicked cocktail deep inside the foundations of an ancient church at the Pix Confessional Cocktail Club.
- Pick up a spooky costume for your Halloween night out at one of London’s fancy dress shops.
For more year-round gory activities and frightening attractions in London, take a look at our 13 Spook-tacular Ways To Enjoy London, or browse our guide to what's on for more things to do during your visit.