What is there to do at Wellcome Collection?The Museum and Library at Wellcome Collection looks at health and the human experience through books, manuscripts, images and objects.
Delve into the wonderful collection of images that spans the decades from the 14th century to the present day. You’ll find more than 250,000 items, including paintings, drawings, prints, photos, stamps and more, alongside audio-visual material such as television programmes and public health information films.
Don’t miss the impressive selection of books and contemporary journals covering topics ranging from modern medicine to anatomy and even alchemy and witchcraft.
Head to the archives to examine items such as personal papers, letters and photos from people and organisations with links to health.
As you make your way through the building look out for the medical and ethnographic objects on display, which also feature in Wellcome’s permanent and temporary exhibitions.
Is Wellcome Collection free?Although Wellcome Collection is free to enter, you must book a timed entry ticket in advance.
Where is Wellcome Collection?Wellcome Collection is in central London, close to Euston train station.
How to get to Wellcome CollectionWellcome Collection is located close to Euston train station, with Euston, Euston Square and Warren Street Tube stations all within eight minutes’ walk.
Various bus routes run close to the Museum, including the 18, 30, 73, 205 and 390.
Cyclists can use the bike stands near the main entrance.
What are Wellcome Collection’s opening times?
The Galleries and Reading Room are open from Tuesday to Sunday, between 10am and 6pm. The Library is open Monday to Friday, between 10am and 6pm and on Saturday, between 10am and 4pm.
COVID-19: This attraction may have entry requirements and safety measures in place. For more information, check direct with the venue ahead of your visit.
Venue Details & Map
183 Euston Road, CamdenLondonNW1 2BE
- +44 (0)20 7611 2222
Facilities & Accessibility
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- All routes suitable for limited mobility users
- All routes suitable for pushchairs or prams
- Effective lighting throughout for visually impaired users
- Lift buttons with raised numbers or letters
- Some routes suitable for limited mobility users
- Some routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Steps with handrail within building
- Steps within building
- Access into the Building
- Assisted wheelchair access
- Automatic doors
- Flat routes from parking area to entrance
- Full, non-assisted wheelchair access
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Bathrooms available with emergency call system
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Some toilets with handrails
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage (colour contrast, large letters or pictograms)
- Films or information touch screens have visual/audible subtitles
- Hearing loop system
- Information available in audio format
- Information available in large print
- Sign language used
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Blue badge parking available
- Public car park available within two hundred metres of main entrance
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Staff available to assist
- Staff available twenty four hours
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Level access, ramp or lift from entrance to reception
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
- Low payment counters
- Low reception or information counters
- Attraction Facilities
- Audio commentary available
- Gift shop
- Patron toilets
- Public toilets
- Booking Facilities
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities
- Event catering
- Halal options on menu
- Kosher options on menu
- Nut-free option on menu
- Vegetarian options on menu
- Event Facilities
- Breakout Rooms
- Conference rooms / Meeting rooms
- In house AV available
- Offers charity rates
- Raked or tiered seating offered
- General Facilities
- Payment Facilities
- Free entry