Keep the whole family entertained over the Easter holidays with our roundup of the best things to do during Easter 2018 in London.
From Easter egg hunts and special Easter events for kids and grownups, to the best chocolate shops and Easter opening hours in London, plan a fun-filled Easter break in the capital. Find things to do in London on Easter Sunday, Good Friday events and Easter Monday activities with our London Easter ideas below.
More Easter 2018 events will be added as they are announced, so check back closer to the date to find out what's on in London at Easter.
Easter Weekend 2018 Events in London
- Watch a spectacular full-scale performance of The Passion of Jesus, featuring 100 performers, for free. This event usually takes place in Trafalgar Square on Good Friday. 30 Mar TBC
- From popping and locking, to parkour and skateboarding, sharpen your urban skills with Southbank Centre's annual festival of workshops, family activities, dance schools and parties. TBC
London Easter Egg Hunts and Trails
- Go on an Easter egg hunt as you learn about London's history at some of English Heritage's properties, Hampton Court Palace and more. TBC
- Follow an Easter trail among spring daffodils and crocuses at Kew Gardens. TBC
- Search the WWT London Wetland Centre nature reserve for hidden treasures at Easter. TBC
Easter Chocolate in London
- Visit London’s top chocolate shops for beautiful chocolate eggs and Easter treats.
- Look out for chocolate-themed afternoon teas in London at Easter.
- Find Easter-inspired cupcakes and treats in London's top cake shops.
- Tuck into a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory afternoon tea at One Aldwych.
- Sample chocolates and prosecco with a tasting experience led by a Hotel Chocolat ambassador onboard the Coca-Cola London Eye.
London Easter Sunday Lunch
- Enjoy one of London's best Sunday roasts at Easter.
- Book a table in a top traditional pub for Easter Sunday lunch in London.
- Drop by a riverside pub after an Easter Sunday walk along the river.
Spring Blooms and Baby Animals
- See if you can spot some spring arrivals at a London city farm or zoo.
- Take a leisurely Easter walk through nature reserves and woodlands in London.
- Enjoy a beautiful spring day out among the flowers at a top London garden.
- Find more ways to explore London’s many parks and green open spaces.
Family Attractions and Activities for Kids in London
- Step into Harry Potter's Forbidden Forest and meet its mystical creatures in Warner Bros. Studio Tour's new expansion.
- Find interactive family-friendly exhibitions and activities at Horniman Museum and Gardens.
- Become a pilot, doctor or TV presenter in KidZania’s child-size city.
- Look out for Easter family fun at London’s top attractions and family-friendly museums, as many put on special activities for children during the school holidays and Easter weekend.
- For more things to do with the kids at Easter in London, take a look at our guide to 101 family-friendly activities.
Easter Weekend Shows in London
Easter Opening Hours and Transport in London
Good Friday and Easter Monday are both public holidays. Most attractions are open over the Easter bank holiday, but check with individual venues in advance; particularly to find what is open on Easter Sunday in London. Shops are closed on Easter Sunday, except small shops which may open for a few hours. Public transport services, including the London Underground, may be reduced between Good Friday and Easter Monday, so plan your journey in advance on the TfL website.