Keep the whole family entertained over the Easter holidays with our roundup of the best things to do at Easter 2017 in London.
From Easter egg hunts and special Easter events for kids and grownups, to the best chocolate shops and Easter opening hours in London, plan a fun-filled Easter break in the capital.
Many more Easter activities will be announced closer to the date, so check back nearer the time for more London Easter ideas.
Easter Weekend 2017 Events in London
- See more than 30 majestic sailing vessels along the Greenwich and Woolwich riverfronts, and enjoy river-themed activities and fireworks at the Tall Ships Regatta. 13-16 Apr
- Watch a spectacular full-scale performance of The Passion of Jesus, featuring 100 performers, for free in Trafalgar Square. 14 Apr
- From popping and locking, to parkour and skateboarding, sharpen your Urban skills with expert-led workshops, family activities, dance schools and parties in Southbank Centre’s concrete playground. 1-17 Apr
London Easter Egg Hunts and Trails
- Go in search of WWT London Wetland Centre’s giant yellow ducklings, hidden around the nature reserve, with a chance to win prizes. 1-17 Apr
- Follow Kew Gardens’ interactive Moomin trail among spring daffodils and crocuses, and see if you can glimpse Moomintrolls in the trees. Plus, visit on Easter Sunday for the Moomin chocolate hunt. 1-17 Apr
Spring Blooms and Baby Animals
- See if you can spot some spring arrivals at a London city farm or zoo.
- Take a leisurely Easter walk through nature reserves and woodlands in London.
- Enjoy a beautiful spring day out among the flowers at a top London garden.
- Find more ways to explore London’s many parks and green open spaces.
Family Attractions and Activities for Kids in London
- Meet a herd of mechanical animals at the Horniman’s Robot Zoo and learn how different species see, move and hear in the wild. 11 Feb-29 Oct
- Discover your Star Wars identity and see props and models from the films at The O2. Until 3 Sep
- Step into Harry Potter's Forbidden Forest and meet its mystical creatures in Warner Bros. Studio Tour's new expansion. From 31 Mar
- Learn how to be a pilot, doctor or TV presenter in KidZania’s child-size city.
- Journey through London’s dark history with plenty of thrills and giggles at The London Dungeon.
- Snap a selfie with your favourite celebrity at Madame Tussauds.
- Look out for Easter family fun at London’s top attractions and family-friendly museums, as many put on special activities for children during the school holidays and Easter weekend.
- For more things to do with the kids at Easter in London, take a look at our guide to 101 family-friendly activities.
Easter Chocolate in London
- Visit London’s top chocolate shops for beautiful chocolate eggs and indulgent treats.
- Keep an eye out for chocolate-themed afternoon teas in tea rooms across the city.
Easter Opening Hours in London
Good Friday and Easter Monday are both public holidays. Most attractions are open over Easter, but check with individual venues in advance; particularly to find what is open on Easter Sunday. Shops are closed on Easter Sunday, except small shops which may open for a few hours. Public transport may be reduced, so plan your journey in advance.