The park is planted with formal avenues of magnificent trees and ornamental flower beds, and covers 100 hectares (275 acres). It is home to Kensington Palace, the peaceful Italian Gardens, Peter Pan statue, the stunning Albert Memorial and the Serpentine Gallery. There are mature trees, grasslands and many types of wildlife.
There are two playgrounds, including the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Playground near Black Lion Gate. Some public toilets have disabled access.
The Broadwalk Café is open daily, with refreshment kiosks in summer.
This content has been supplied by Kensington Gardens, A Royal Park
06:00 to late eve all year round. Diana Memorial Playground closes earlier and has selected opening times throughout the year.
London, W2 2UH
Kensington Gardens, A Royal Park on the Visit London Blog
- What Else Happened in 1863, The Year The Tube Opened?
- Eastern Bloc Party: Russia.Sochi.Park comes to Kensington Gardens
- London Photo of the Week: Swan in Kensington Gardens
- The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe: Building The threesixty Theatre In Kensington Gardens
Venue Details & Map
Kensington Gardens, A Royal Park
- +44 (0)300 061 2000
- Public transport:
- Tube: Lancaster Gate, Queensway or High Street Kensington;Bus: 9, 10, 12, 27, 28, 31, 49, 52, 70, 94
Going to Kensington Gardens, A Royal Park using public transport? Find the fastest route:
- Attraction Facilities
- Payment Facilities
- Free entry
Loading reviews for Kensington Gardens, A Royal Park
Are you a representative of Kensington Gardens, A Royal Park?
Respond to Reviews
Please be advised that any comments, opinions and statements submitted herewith are entirely independent and do not represent views held by, or are in any way connected to visitlondon.com.