IWM London is temporarily closed until 19 July 2014 when we will launch a transformed IWM London to mark the First World War Centenary with ground-breaking new First World War Galleries and a newly configured atrium displaying our iconic large objects.
To mark the First World War Centenary IWM London will also launch Truth and Memory - the largest exhibition and first major retrospective of British First World War art for almost 100 years.
For more information please visit iwm.org.uk.
This content has been supplied by IWM London: Imperial War Museum London
IWM London is undergoing a major transformation.
From 6 January 2014 - 19 July 2014 the entire museum will be closed.
When the museum reopens, you'll be able to visit the new world-class First World War galleries, a beautiful new 6 floor atrium, new shops and a cafe opening into the park.
Lambeth Road, London, SE1 6HZ
For More Information:
+44 (0)20 7416 5000
Open daily, 10am - 6pm.
Closed 24 - 26 December and 6 January - 19 July 2014.
IWM London is currently closed to the public until 19 July 2014 when, for the Centenary of the First World War, we will launch a transformed IWM London with new First World War Galleries and a newly configured atrium displaying our iconic large objects.
IWM London: Imperial War Museum London on the Visit London Blog
- London Video of the Week: Transforming Imperial War Museum London
- Gun Turret Experience on HMS Belfast
- Iraq in London: Mesopotamian Collection at the British Museum and Jeremy Deller’s Baghdad, 5 March 2007
- Once Upon a Wartime Exhibition at the Imperial War Museum
Venue Details & Map
IWM London: Imperial War Museum London
Going to IWM London: Imperial War Museum London using public transport? Find the fastest route:
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Clear signage (colour contrast, large letters or pictograms)
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Staff available to assist
- Staff disability awareness trained
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Access into the Building
- Flat routes from parking area to entrance
- Full, non-assisted wheelchair access
- Ramps with handrails to entrance
- Steps with handrails to entrance
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Some routes suitable for limited mobility users
- Some routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Steps with handrail within building
- Attraction Facilities
- Audio commentary available
- Gift shop
- Patron toilets
- Public toilets
- Booking Facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities
- Event catering
- Event Facilities
- In house AV available
- Breakout Rooms
- Offers charity rates
- Conference rooms / Meeting rooms
- Event facilities
- Venue allows outside catering
- Trade vehicle access
- General Facilities
- Wi-Fi access
- Payment Facilities
- Credit cards accepted
- Debit cards accepted
- Free entry
- Group rates available
Loading reviews for IWM London: Imperial War Museum London
Are you a representative of IWM London: Imperial War Museum London?
Respond to Reviews
Please be advised that any comments, opinions and statements submitted herewith are entirely independent and do not represent views held by, or are in any way connected to visitlondon.com.