Visit Buckingham Palace, one of the world's few remaining working royal palaces, in London this summer.
You'll see some of the greatest treasures from the Royal Collection, plus the spectacular The Queen's Coronation 1953 exhibition, featuring royal dresses, uniforms and jewellery.
Inside Buckingham Palace
You can explore lavishly furnished rooms containing some of the greatest treasures from the Royal Collection at Buckingham Palace. Highlights include:
- Paintings by Rembrandt, Rubens, Vermeer, Poussin, Canaletto and Claude
- Sculpture by Canova and Chantrey
- Exquisite examples of Sèvres porcelain
- Some of the finest English and French furniture in the world
The Queen's Coronation 1953 Exhibition
This year's special exhibition at Buckingham Palace marks the 60th anniversary of The Queen's coronation in 1953. The palace's ballroom will be transformed into the largest-ever exhibition about this historic event. Objects on display include:
- The Queen's white satin coronation dress, designed by Norman Hartnell
- The Queen's Robe of Estate, made from English purple silk, which is more than 6.5 metres long
- The Diamond Diadem, one of The Queen's most recognisable jewels, which she is pictured wearing on postage stamps and some banknotes
As you tour the palace, you'll see many more items related to the coronation. For example the State Dining Room will be dressed to evoke the Coronation Banquets held on the evenings of 3 and 4 June 1953, with magnificent settings of porcelain, silver-gilt and flowers.
|Adult Ticket:||£19.00 (USD28.68) per ticket|
|Child age 5-17:||£10.85 (USD16.38) per ticket|
|Concession Ticket:||£17.50 (USD26.42) per ticket|
Free entry for children under 5. Tickets for general admission for 2012 are sold out but a special package of tickets including a Royal London tour are still available.
Venue Details & Map
Buckingham PalaceSW1A 1AA
- +44 (0)20 7766 7300
- Public transport:
- Tube/Rail: Victoria; Tube: Victoria, Green Park, St James’s Park or Hyde Park Corner
Going to Buckingham Palace using public transport? Find the fastest route: