Originally built in 1776 but destroyed by fire in 1802 and quickly rebuilt, the House Mill was part of the Three Mills Distillery. It had 4 water wheels powered by the water or the tide, which operated 12 pairs of millstones. It was the largest tide mill in the country and continued to operate until the Blitz in 1940. Building restored in 1997. Restoration of the water wheels and machinery is planned.
|Billet à tarif réduit||£1.50 par ticket|
|Billet adulte||£3.00 par ticket|
Children are free of charge, but must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Ce contenu a été fourni par The House Mill
The House Mill is open every Sunday from May to October from 11am – 4pm and on the first Sundays in March, April and December, the last tour is at 3.30 pm.
Since visitors cannot walk through the building unescorted, admission is by tour only.
Détails et plan du lieu
The House Mill
- Adresse :
Three Mill Lane
- Téléphone :
- +44 (0)20 8980 4626
- Transports publics
- Take underpass, walk north towards Tesco, along Three Mill Lane and over bridge.