Whether you’re looking for Valentine's Day ideas, a memorable dinner date at a romantic restaurant or an unusual date in London that's sure to leave a lasting impression, the capital has everything you need to impress your sweetheart.
Best date nights
- Get lost as you explore Sir John Soane’s Museum’s collection of antiquities and exquisite paintings by candlelight.
- Snuggle up on Electric Cinema’s front row bed, as you watch your favorite films while sipping a glass of red wine.
- Go on a cultural date with one of London’s exciting late museum openings.
- Take your date to see a ballet or a classic romantic opera at the magnificent Royal Opera House.
- Sip on a glass of chilled bubbles at one of London’s best champagne bars.
- There’s nothing more romantic than taking a stroll along the river on the South Bank, with the magnificent view of the Houses of Parliament and the Coca-Cola London Eye as a backdrop.
Fun date ideas
- London’s best bowling alleys have an old-fashioned charm that makes for a fun and alternative date night. Choose retro Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes for its unique vintage features, or All Star Lanes for cocktails.
- Spice up your date with some competition at Swingers: a crazy golf hub boasting 9-hole courses, five cocktail bars, and three street food vendors.
- Show off with a game of ultraviolet table tennis at Bounce. Enjoy a slice of pizza between matches and dance the night away to live DJs.
- Venetian gondolas might seem romantic, but why not try something more exciting? Take an exhilarating speedboat ride down the Thames instead.
- Go horseriding together through Hyde Park.
Best date restaurants
- Dine at The Gallery at Sketch, one of the most extravagant restaurants in town or splash out at two-Michelin-star Lecture Room in the same building.
- Feast on oysters at Wright Brothers, or go celeb-hunting at J. Sheekey oyster bar.
- Soak up breathtaking views from SushiSamba as you taste refined dishes combining the flavours of Japan, Peru and Brasil.
- At Bob Bob Ricard, you can order bubbles without losing eye contact with your date, by pressing a champagne button.
- Treat your date to a Michelin-starred dinner at legendary Galvin at Windows, on the 28th floor of London Hilton on Park Lane.
- Spend a magical evening at Boundary’s heated rooftop orangery, with a menu featuring finger food and grill specials.
- Dine in a greenhouse, surrounded by luxuriant plants and flowers at Petersham Nurseries.
Find more romantic restaurants in London.
- What’s more romantic than a picnic in one of London’s most beautiful parks? Hampstead Heath, Greenwich Park and Primrose Hill offer some fantastic views of London, for free.
- Browse stunning flower displays hand-in-hand at Columbia Road Flower Market. Will you go for red roses?
- Catch some Shakespeare at the wonderful Globe Theatre. Standing tickets cost just five pounds.
- Hire a Santander bike and cycle around London’s most beautiful hidden routes.
- Sip a flat white as you spend some quality time together at one of the capital's independent coffee shops.
- Share some mouthwatering street food from one of London’s many stalls and vans.
- Go on a lunch date at Borough Market, and share small bites from different vendors.
- Stroll around one of London’s gorgeous Royal Parks.
- Glide above the Thames and enjoy amazing views from the Emirates Air Line Cable Car.
- Go deer-spotting in Richmond Park.
- Visit Sky Garden for free and be amazed by the wonderful view of London’s skyline.
Cool places for a first date in London
- Take a journey back to the Prohibition era at speakeasy cocktail bar Nightjar, and enjoy live swing and jazz music performances.
- Hear some live jazz at the legendary Ronnie Scott's.
- See a show at fascinating Wilton’s Music Hall, the world’s oldest and last surviving music hall.
- Enjoy cocktails in the summer at cool rooftop bar Frank’s Cafe and Campari Bar in Peckham.
- Feast on champagne and cheese at Champagne + Fromage bistro.
- Star-gaze, touch a 4.5 billion-year-old asteroid and straddle different hemispheres on the Meridian Line at Royal Observatory Greenwich.
- Show off your sensitive side as you coo over the cute animals at a city farm.
- Drink in an atmospheric cave at Gordon’s Wine Bar.
- Take your date to a special after-hours tour of the Tower of London’s spookiest spots.
- Head to SEA LIFE London, and discover the aquarium's most magical sea creatures.
- Gaze into far away galaxies between gazing into each other's eyes at Peter Harrison Planetarium.
- Explore the Barbican conservatory’s hidden tropical oasis on a Sunday, and indulge in an unusual afternoon tea.
- Magic up some romance at Warner Bros Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter. No need for love potions.
- Embark on a cruise in a 108-year-old canal boat from Little Venice to Camden with Jason’s Trip.
- Go indoor skiing at Chel-ski.
- For a special occasion, fly over the London’s iconic sights with London Helicopter Tours.
- For an adrenaline-fuelled date, climb up the famous entertainment centre and enjoy amazing views with Up at The O2.
- Trust your partner with your life at indoor rock climbing centre Clip ‘n Climb Chelsea.
- Hire a pedalo on Hyde Park’s beautiful Serpentine Lake.
- Climb the 311 steps up to the top of the Monument and take in spectacular views of London.
- Take your partner to a swing dance class.