The London Eye is centrally located in the heart of the capital, gracefully rotating over the river Thames opposite the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben.
At 135 metres, the London Eye is one of the world's tallest cantilevered observation wheels; a feat of design and engineering it has become the modern symbol representing the capital and a global icon.
The experience showcases breathtaking 360-degree views of the capital and its famous landmarks.
The gradual rotation in one of the 32 high-tech glass capsules takes approximately 30 minutes and gives you an ever-changing perspective of London.
Within each capsule, interactive guides allow you to explore the capital's iconic landmarks in several languages.
An experience on the London Eye will lift you high enough to see up to 40 kilometres on a clear day and keep you close enough to see the spectacular details of the city unfolding beneath you.
Make the most of your time by visiting the London Eye 4D Experience, free with every ticket. See London come to life through unique perspectives and multi-sensory special effects, including wind, bubbles and smell. The four-minute show is perfect to watch at the start of your visit.
Children under three years old are free.
This content has been supplied by London Eye
The London Eye opening times vary throughout the year, typically the attraction opens at 10am and closes between 6pm and 8.30pm.
Images and Videos
Venue Details & Map
County HallLondonSE1 7PB
- 0870 5000600
- Public transport:
- Tube: Westminster/Embankment Train: Waterloo/Charing Cross
Facilities & Accessibility
For comprehensive accessibility information on this venue please click here
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- All routes suitable for limited mobility users
- All routes suitable for pushchairs or prams
- All routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Ramps within building
- Seating for limited mobility users along routes
- Steps with handrail within building
- Access into the Building
- Assisted wheelchair access
- Automatic doors
- Flat routes from parking area to entrance
- Full, non-assisted wheelchair access
- Ramps from parking area to entrance
- Ramps with handrails to entrance
- Temporary ramps available
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Bathrooms available with emergency call system
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage (colour contrast, large letters or pictograms)
- Films or information touch screens have visual/audible subtitles
- Hearing loop system
- Information available in audio format
- Visual alarm system
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Designated disabled parking available within fifty metres of main entrance
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Staff available to assist
- Staff disability awareness trained
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Level access, ramp or lift from entrance to reception
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
- Low payment counters
- Portable chip and pin machines
- Event Facilities
- Breakout Rooms
- Licenced for civil marriages