Searcys|The Gherkin is available for exclusive hire for corporate and private dinners, receptions and celebrations on levels 39 & 40 at the top of the 'Gherkin.'
Also available are the private dining rooms on level 30 that can be booked Monday - Friday for breakfast, lunch, dinner or all day events or for weekend events.
The Members Lounge can also be hired exclusively for weekend events.
This content has been supplied by Searcys | The Gherkin
Monday - Thursday lunch from 12.00 - 15.30
Friday lunch and dinner from 12.00-15.00 and 18.00 - 21.00
Monday - Thursday 09.00-16.00
Friday 09.00 - 23.00
Venue Details & Map
Facilities & Accessibility
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- All routes suitable for limited mobility users
- Access into the Building
- Flat routes from parking area to entrance
- Full, non-assisted wheelchair access
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Bathrooms available with emergency call system
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage (colour contrast, large letters or pictograms)
- Hearing loop system
- Information available in large print
- Menus available in large print
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Drop-off point for guests available outside main entrance
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to dining area
- Level access, ramp or lift to the bar
- Level access, ramp or lift to the lounge
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Staff available to assist
- Booking Facilities
- Advance booking only
- Cancellation policy
- Group bookings accepted
- Members only
- Catering Facilities
- Event catering
- Private Dining
- Vegetarian options on menu
- Event Facilities
- Available for wedding receptions
- Breakout Rooms
- Civil Partnership licence held
- Conference rooms / Meeting rooms
- Event facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Trade vehicle access
- Wedding service
- General Facilities
- Free WiFi
- Good views
- Internet access
- Wi-Fi access
- Payment Facilities
- Credit cards accepted
- Debit cards accepted
Top 5 reviews of Searcys | The Gherkin
Pretty good view, although the proximity of the Cheesegrater limits the view back to the West ( up river). Food as you'd expect; service OK. Getting up here a little fiddly as it's necessary to switch elevators. more
Zero stars. They ruined it all for us
Our last night in England with his parents. We wanted to treat them as it will be years since we'll see them again
We had booked this online and got a confirmation email. We showed up on time only to be told we didn't have a booking. Only when we showed the confirmation email did they change the tone.
They explained they had cancelled our booking. No... more
I decided to bring my partner here for his birthday as I thought that it would be fun, exciting and the food would be decent!
When you book, you have to give the names of yourself and whoever is in your dining party as your IDs are checked on the way in. Probably because its a working building as the restaurant is only at the top.
We were seated to a lovely seat by the window, overlooking... more
The 3-star designation reflects a blend of a truly outstanding space and some off colour service. The iconic venue is open to the public (with reservation) on occasion and our group of 15 had made such a booking for a networking drinks gathering. With all the secrecy and security measures and restraint around patron treatment, you would think the place were teeming w guests however it was... more
The food is good here but you really come for the cool view over london much better thab the shard to my opinion.
We went for the Coastline menu:
Starters: salmon fish cake, homemade pork pie and langoustine and crab salad.
Mains: fish and chips, bubble and squeak and lamb.
Desserts: victoria sandwich and earl grey ice cream, bread and butter pudding and whipped rice pudding.
Overall good... more