The capital is home to an incredible nightlife scene. Discover all the things to do late in London, from world-famous clubs and buzzy bars to late-night museum openings and West End shows.
For more fun night-time ideas, check out our Let's Do London guide. Make sure to share your adventures on social media using the #LetsDoLondon hashtag!
Top night-time and evening events
- See a Northern Lights-inspired installation dazzle in the skies above Greenwich (27 Aug-5 Sep) and Woolwich (9-11 Sep) with Borealis over the Greenwich+Docklands International Festival.
- Get your fill of beer, street food and the smooth sounds live jazz music at the City Beerfest-Lite at Guildhall Yard. 9 Sep
- Head to the London Dungeon for One Night Stand's special sexual health-themed late filled with comedy, tours and more. 16 Sep
- Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the iconic London club with Ministry of Sound's Three Decades of Dance. 17-18 Sep
- Travel back in time during fact-packed talks, tours and activities as part of Chelsea History Festival. 17-26 Sep
- Venture beneath the stunning St Martin-in-the-Fields church for late-night jazz during Crypt Lates. From 22 Sep
- Catch a performance of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Carousel under starry skies at the Regent's Park Open Air Theatre. Until 25 Sep
- Sample old favourites and new tipples during one of the world's largest cocktail festivals with the month-long London Cocktail Week. Oct
- Hear letters from throughout history read aloud by a star-studded lineup of performers with Letters Live at the Royal Albert Hall. 30 Oct
- Catch a magical midnight performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream at Shakespeare's Globe. Until 30 Oct
- Pose for a selfie in Covent Garden as artist Chila Burman's colourful neon light sculptures dazzle above the South Hall of the Market Building. Until 31 Oct
- Join Pitchfork Festival for live performances in iconic locations across the capital, including Village Underground, Southbank Centre and Roundhouse. 10-14 Nov
- Be wowed by Fabric Presents: One Night at the Opera as DJs and English National Opera singers perform together at the London Coliseum. 2 Dec
- Witness the Yeoman Warders lock up the Tower of London for the night during the ancient Ceremony of the Keys. Various dates
Cool late-night museum openings
- Explore the contemporary art gallery's exhibitions after hours with Saatchi Lates. 2, 23 and 30 Sep
- Dive into the archive of London's vibrant cultural heritage and enjoy DJs, live music and talks with the Museum of Youth Culture: Carnaby Lates. 2, 9 and 16 Sep
- Boogie to the beat during a silent disco in the incredible surroundings of the Natural History Museum's Hintze Hall. 17 Sep, 1 Oct and 5 Nov
- Plan a night out filled with art-making workshops, music, film and food with Tate Modern Lates. 24 Sep
- Admire artworks from rising and well-known artists with late-night gallery viewings during Frieze's West End Night. 14 Oct
- Enjoy the return of Science Museum Lates with fun talks, workshops, demos and a silent disco in the Space gallery. 24 Nov
- Join a celebration of queer culture with the dance and music-filled Royal Opera House Lates. 14 Nov
- Delve into the history that lies beneath the city with The Postal Museum's underground tunnel walks. Various dates
- Head to the London Transport Museum's themed After Dark events to enjoy talks, activities and quizzes with friends. Various dates
Discover more late museum openings across the capital.
Best things to do after dark
- Grab your seats for one of the West End's top 10 musicals, from The Lion King and Jersey Boys to Wicked.
- See the city sparkle as darkness falls across the capital on a London by night open-top bus tour.
- Explore the capital after dark on one of these London night tours, from ghost hunting to fine-dining experiences.
- See darkness fall over the capital from the sky deck on level 72 of The View from The Shard.
- Treat yourself to a spot of late-night shopping without the crowds, including Oxford Street, Regent Street, Covent Garden and Carnaby.
- Grab a bucket of popcorn and join an all-night movie marathon at the Prince Charles Cinema.
- See the river Thames glow after dark as the Illuminated River installation lights up nine bridges across the capital.
- Watch a movie under the stars at an open-air cinema in cool and iconic locations.
- Stay overnight in the ZSL London Zoo Lodges for a sleepover you'll never forget with exclusive after-hours tours and private animal viewings.
Find more great things to do at night in London.
Fun things to do in the evening with kids
- Step into a real-life video game and race the kids around the virtual track at Chaos Karts. From 15 Sep
- Catch a family show, grab some street food or go for a ride on the vintage funfair at London Wonderground. Until 26 Sep
- Enjoy a night at the museum like no other with a Dino Snores for Kids sleepover at the Natural History Museum. Various dates
- Get ready to play an 80-minute immersive version of the much-loved family board game with Monopoly Lifesized.
- Spend an evening exploring the games and escape rooms on offer at one of DNA VR's virtual reality arcades.
Discover more family experiences in London.
Unforgettable nights out
- Pick up a money-saving London Nightlife Ticket for free entry and special offers at top clubs, bars and restaurants.
- Dance the night away at one of London's top 10 clubs, including Fabric, Heaven and Printworks London.
- Combine catchups, cocktails and Insta-worthy views at a rooftop bar.
- Grab the mic and sing your heart out at a karaoke bar.
- Feast on your favourite dishes in cool surroundings at a quirky restaurant.
- Watch rising stars and up-and-coming talent take to the stage at these top live-music bars.
- Spend an evening jumping in a giant ballpit, axe throwing or playing crazy golf at an activity bar.
- Round off your evening with a spot of late-night dining in Chinatown.
- Go out out and enjoy an evening at a gay bar, quirky bar, jazz club or luxury cocktail bar.
- Enjoy late-night dishes at Duck & Waffle with a side order of Instagram-worthy views across.
- Start the evening with G&Ts, gin-infused cakes, finger sandwiches and a spot of sightseeing on B Bakery Afternoon Tea Bus Tour's gin-themed bus.
- Soak up the last of the long summer evenings in a beer garden or riverside pub.
Check out more tasty food and drink in London.