The capital is home to an incredible nightlife scene. Discover all the things to do late in London, from world-famous clubs and buzzy bars to late-night museum openings and West End shows.
For more fun night-time ideas, check out our Let's Do London guide. Make sure to share your adventures on social media using the #LetsDoLondon hashtag!
Top night-time and evening events
Cool late-night museum openings
- Enjoy the return of Science Museum Lates with fun talks, workshops, demos and a silent disco in the Space gallery.
- Delve into the history that lies beneath the city with The Postal Museum's underground tunnel walks.
- Boogie to the beat during a silent disco in the incredible surroundings of the Natural History Museum's Hintze Hall.
- Head to the London Transport Museum's themed After Dark events to enjoy talks, activities and quizzes with friends.
Discover more late museum openings across the capital.
Best things to do after dark
- Grab your seats for one of the West End's top 10 musicals, from The Lion King and Jersey Boys to Wicked.
- See the city sparkle as darkness falls across the capital on a London by night open-top bus tour.
- Explore the capital after dark on one of these London night tours, from ghost hunting to fine-dining experiences.
- See darkness fall over the capital from the sky deck on level 72 of The View from The Shard.
- Treat yourself to a spot of late-night shopping without the crowds, including Oxford Street, Regent Street, Covent Garden and Carnaby.
- Grab a bucket of popcorn and join an all-night movie marathon at the Prince Charles Cinema.
- See the river Thames glow after dark as the Illuminated River installation lights up nine bridges across the capital.
- Watch a movie under the stars at an open-air cinema in cool and iconic locations.
- Stay overnight in the ZSL London Zoo Lodges for a sleepover you'll never forget with exclusive after-hours tours and private animal viewings.
Find more great things to do at night in London.
Fun things to do in the evening with kids
- Enjoy a night at the museum like no other with a Dino Snores for Kids sleepover at the Natural History Museum.
- Get ready to play an 80-minute immersive version of the much-loved family board game with Monopoly Lifesized.
- Spend an evening exploring the games and escape rooms on offer at one of DNA VR's virtual reality arcades.
Discover more family experiences in London.
Unforgettable nights out
- Dance the night away at one of London's top 10 clubs, including Fabric, Heaven and Printworks London.
- Combine catchups, cocktails and Insta-worthy views at a rooftop bar.
- Grab the mic and sing your heart out at a karaoke bar.
- Feast on your favourite dishes in cool surroundings at a quirky restaurant.
- Watch rising stars and up-and-coming talent take to the stage at these top live-music bars.
- Spend an evening jumping in a giant ballpit, axe throwing or playing crazy golf at an activity bar.
- Round off your evening with a spot of late-night dining in Chinatown.
- Go out out and enjoy an evening at a gay bar, quirky bar, jazz club or cocktail bar.
- Enjoy late-night dishes at Duck & Waffle with a side order of Instagram-worthy views across.
- Start the evening with G&Ts, gin-infused cakes, finger sandwiches and a spot of sightseeing on B Bakery Afternoon Tea Bus Tour's gin-themed bus.
Check out more tasty food and drink in London.