The Queen celebrates her official birthday in June with a parade each year called Trooping the Colour.
Iconic annual June events include Taste of London, Royal Ascot, Open Garden Squares Weekend, Pride in London and West End LIVE.
Father’s Day is celebrated across the city – look out for special offers and events at many attractions and restaurants.
With warm weather and an events calendar usually packed with sports spectacles, festivals, outdoor entertainment and more, June is one of the most lively and exciting times to visit London.
Many London events this June, however, have been cancelled or postponed due to coronavirus, but you can still find lots of exciting events to enjoy from home. Check out our Virtually London guide, which is crammed full of live gigs, virtual tours and online shows to enjoy without moving an inch!
If you're already in London, apart from enjoying top summer events and activities online, you can also make use of sunny days by walking or cycling to London's beautiful parks and green spaces in your local area – but ensure you follow social distancing guidelines.
Virtual events this June
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, some June events have moved online this year and can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own home.
- Join events based around sustainable, charitable and ethical initiatives from Carnaby brands, at the month-long Carnaby Together festival.
- Soak in positive vibes as the month-long Fearne Cotton's Virtual Happy Place Festival, which was due to take place at Chiswick House and Gardens, begins in June.
- Admire awesome architecture with a whole month of online activities as part of the annual London Festival of Architecture, which switches online for 2020.
- Find fashion tips, talks and more with a virtual edition of London Fashion Week – it's also the show's first gender-neutral edition.
- Combine online music lessons with virtual choirs and the Live from Home Challenge as part of Make Music Day.
- Enjoy two days of fun from the musicals, as past West End LIVE performances are brought together online.
- Virtually mingle with makers and artisans from London during three days of workshops, talks and more at the Festival of Making.
- Masterpiece Online turns the annual Masterpiece art festival into a virtual event full of panel discussions, virtual tours and exhibits.
- Enjoy a glimpse of the postponed Art Night with 10 short online works as part of the Trailers series, released on one night only.
- Pride in London may have been postponed until next year, but you can still celebrate this month. Join Royal Museums Greenwich for a whole weekend of online activities and find more online events in June and beyond with Pride in London’s Coming Out listings.
- Spend some time with dad for Father's Day this month. There are lots of virtual experiences to do together, from cooking classes and crafts, to online fitness classes.
- Wimbledon Recreated brings a taste of the famous tennis championships to your couch with videos, classic matches and more.
- Mark Windrush Day at National Maritime Museum with online discussions, talks, spoken word and more.
Find a flavour of what's usually on in June below. Make sure to check the individual event for confirmation of this year's edition or plan ahead for next year.
What's on in London in June?
Royal London events
- Watch the iconic Household Division’s Beating Retreat at Horse Guards Parade this month. This year's event has been cancelled.
- Join London in celebrating the Queen's official birthday with Trooping the Colour, a spectacular military parade in the centre of the city. Head to The Mall to enjoy all the pomp and pageantry. This year's event has been cancelled.
- See the Changing the Guard ceremony, which takes place on most days in June outside Buckingham Palace. This event has been cancelled until further notice.
Epic London events in June
- Stay up late and explore an area of London during the annual Art Night with special exhibitions and events happening right across the evening until the small hours of the following morning. This year's event has been postponed until 2021.
- Stroll through private gardens, hidden green spaces and experimental plantations for one weekend only during the Open Garden Squares Weekend. This year's event has been postponed.
- Examine beautiful pieces of art, from fine antiques to unique jewellery, during Masterpiece London. This year's event has been cancelled.
- Take a whirlwind tour of London's restaurant scene at the Taste of London festival in Regent's Park, where London's top chefs show off their skills and serve up delicious food. This year's event has been cancelled.
Cool events and concerts in London this June
- Grab some popcorn, sit back and relax with Rooftop Film Club. Watch cult classics and new releases on spectacular rooftops across the city. This year's activities are currently suspended.
- Sing your heart out at West End LIVE, as the cast of some of the West End's top shows and musicals take to the stage at this free event in Trafalgar Square. This year's event has been postponed.
- Celebrate the capital's LGBT+ community with events and activities, including theatre, dance, art, cinema and parties, across the city during Pride in London. This year's event has been postponed.
- Get tickets to one of London's top music festivals in June, including Southbank Centre's Meltdown or the spectacular Hampton Court Palace Festival. Many of this year's music festivals in June have been cancelled.
Spectacular sports events
- Cheer on your favourites at the Major League Baseball: London Series at London Stadium. This year's event has been cancelled.
- Watch Great Britain and other major players on the international hockey scene complete in the second edition of the FIH Pro League. This year's event has been postponed.
- There's also plenty of horse racing and off-field entertainment to be enjoyed in June at the very glamorous Royal Ascot. This year's event has been cancelled for public attendance.
For more things to do in June in London, take a look at our events calendar and guide to what's on in London. Find out all the fun things to do in London this weekend, and see what you can catch the London stage with our London theatre guide.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London Weather page.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.