July is one of the warmest months to visit London.
You have the chance to visit Buckingham Palace each July.
Annual July events include Wimbledon, BBC Proms and the RHS Hampton Court Flower Show.
Pride in London, a huge celebration of the LGBT+ community often falls in July.
July brings fabulous festivals to the city, and is one of the warmest months of the year in the capital! It's time to head to London's great outdoors: visit one of London's parks, enjoy an open-top bus tour, eat alfresco and catch up with friends over drinks at a rooftop bar.
With the warm weather and relaxing vibes around every corner, there are lots of iconic summer events to experience – check out our top picks below to make this month utterly unforgettable.
What's on in London in July?
Unmissable July events for your diary
- Book ahead to explore the State Rooms, Throne Room and more inside the Queen's residence during the annual summer opening of Buckingham Palace.
- Grab some friends and head over to London's cool outdoor cinemas, which are popping up across the city.
- Stuff your stomach with flavours from across the world at Taste of London in Regent's Park.
- Watch world-class tennis and tuck into traditional strawberries and cream at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships. If you haven't secured a ticket, watch the action at pop-up screens across the capital.
- Marvel at beautiful gardens and floral displays during the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival, the largest annual flower show in the world.
- Enjoy plenty of show-stopping performances, pop-ups and good vibes at the Underbelly Festival.
Where are the must-see music festivals this July?
- Many London music festivals usually take place in July. You can normally Take your pick from everything from Lovebox and British Summer Time, to Somerset House's Summer Series and Kew the Music in Kew Gardens.
- Or fill your calendars with classical concerts, as the BBC Proms returns with more than 40 days of concerts.
Which shows are opening in July?
- Grab a picnic basket and bask in the sunshine at London's top picnic spots.
- Search for secret spots and epic vistas at commons and heaths around London.
- Roam some of the city's best parks, including the bicycle-friendly Hyde Park, wildlife-rich Richmond Park or pretty St James's Park.
- Work through 101 things to do outdoors in London – including the best picture spots, waterside walks and outside hidden gems.
- Swim, sweat and sightsee at these outdoor fitness spots across the capital.
- Enjoy a day full of discovery as you explore new London's areas on a bike or on foot.
What are the most iconic annual festivals in July in London?
- You can usually celebrate the capital's LGBT+ community with the Pride in London festival in June or July, featuring the famous Pride in London Parade through central London, and free performances in Trafalgar Square.
- Shop on a traffic-free Regent Street, tuck into foodie treats and enjoy free entertainment during Summer Streets, which usually happens in July.
- Sit back at one of London's iconic squares to enjoy a show of opera and ballet at BP Big Screens in London.
For more things to do in London in July, take a look at the events calendar and guide to what's on in London. And catch the best of the London stage with the London theatre guide. If you're in London, find out what's on this weekend and download the Visit London app for the latest information on coolest things happening in the capital.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see the London Weather page.
Sign up for the monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.