July is one of the warmest months to visit London.
Buckingham Palace opens its doors to visitors for summer.
July events include Wimbledon, BBC Proms, , BST Hyde Park, RideLondon, Underbelly Festival and the RHS Hampton Court Flower Show.
Pride in London LGBT+ celebrations often fall in July.
July is usually one of the warmest months of the year in London.
July events in London
Pride in London
Celebrate the capital's LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans +) community with the Pride in London festival which takes place in June and July. The festival culminates on 7 July with the famous Pride in London Parade through central London, and free performances in Trafalgar Square and the West End.
Annual London events
- Marvel at beautiful gardens and floral displays at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show, the largest annual flower show in the world. 2-8 Jul
- Follow a trail of contemporary artworks and installations from South Bank to Battersea Power Station on Art Night 2018. 7 Jul
- Experience the world's greatest classical music event, BBC Proms, which kicks off this month for eight weeks of fun and affordable concerts at the magnificent Royal Albert Hall. 13 Jul-8 Sep
- Peer inside the lavishly furnished rooms of Buckingham Palace and discover special royal exhibitions, during the annual summer opening of the Queen's official London residence. 21 Jul-30 Sep
Outdoor activities in July
- Listen to talented musicians under sunny skies with the London Symphony Orchestra's BMW Classics in Trafalgar Square. 1 Jul
- If rock, pop or dance music is your thing, head to one of London's music festivals in July. Fun-filled options include Lovebox, Barclaycard presents British Summer Time and Summer Series.
- Shop on a traffic-free Regent Street, tuck into foodie treats and enjoy free entertainment during Summer Streets. 1, 8, 15 and 22 Jul
- Catch a spectacular flypast over Buckingham Palace as part of the RAF centenary celebrations. 10 Jul
- Drop by one of London's many open-air summer festivals along the banks of the Thames, from Underbelly Festival to Greenwich+Docklands International Festival.
- Celebrate the city's incredible green spaces with London National Park City Week. 21-29 Jul
London sports events
- Watch world-class tennis as you tuck into traditional strawberries and cream at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships. Advance tickets always sell out, but you can get your hands on same-day tickets if you're prepared to queue. 2-15 Jul
- See top athletes compete during two nights of fast-paced action at the Athletics World Cup. 14-15 Jul
- Cheer on some of the world's best hockey teams at the Vitality Women’s Hockey World Cup 2018. 21 Jul-5 Aug
- Continue the athletics fun later in the month at the Muller Anniversary Games 2018. 21-22 Jul
- Enjoy cycling shows, thrilling races and the UK's largest sportive, as London takes to two wheels for the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling this July. 27-29 Jul
For more things to do in London in July, take a look at our events calendar and guide to what's on in London, or download a free copy of the July London Planner. And catch the best of the London stage with our roundup of top London July shows.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London Weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.