See the world’s best athletes compete for their nations in this exciting new event at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Read More
Watch your favourite athletics stars compete in two nights of track and field events during the inaugural Athletics World Cup at London Stadium.
The ground-breaking event takes place across two evening sessions at the iconic venue in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, pitting the world’s top eight athletics nations against each other in track and field disciplines. Just one man and one woman from each nation are selected in each of the individual events, which include everything from the discus and high jump, to the 1500m and 100m.
See athletes from China, France, Germany, Great Britain, Jamaica, Poland, South Africa and USA battle it out for the $2million prize fund. Each of the eight teams are led by a female athlete, in recognition of the Mayor of London’s #BehindEveryGreatCity campaign, which commemorates the 100th anniversary of women being given the right to vote in the UK.
Both evenings feature eight field events and nine track events, finishing with thrilling relay races. Find more information about the programme below – details are subject to change.
Athletics World Cup programme
Saturday 14 July
- Be amazed by the skill of the athletes in the women’s javelin and long jump, or the men’s triple jump and high jump.
- Watch action-packed track events, including sprints, hurdles and middle-distance races.
- Cheer on the men’s 4x100m and women’s 4x400m relay races.
Sunday 15 July
- Enjoy exciting field events, including the men’s pole vault and hammer throw, and the women’s shot put and discus.
- Follow the competitors on track events such as the women’s 200m and 800m, and the men’s 100m.
- See the 4x400m and women’s 4x100m, before the winning nation is presented with the trophy.
Tickets are available via a ballot on 4 April – register your details in advance.
|Adult Ticket||£38.00 (AUD 67.23) to £200.00 (AUD 353.83) per ticket|
|Child Ticket||From £10.00 (AUD 17.69) per ticket|
Venue Details & Map
Queen Elizabeth Olympic ParkLondonE20 2ST
- Public transport:
- Stratford Station: 20-minute walk (Central and Jubilee lines, DLR and National Rail) Stratford International Station: 20-minute walk (DLR and Southeastern High Speed 1) Pudding Mill Lane station: 10-minute walk (DLR)