Watch your favourite athletics stars compete in two nights of track and field events during the inaugural Athletics World Cup at London Stadium.
The groundbreaking event takes place across two evening sessions at the iconic venue in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, pitting the world’s top eight athletics nations against each other in track and field disciplines. Just one man and one woman from each nation are selected in each of the individual events, which include everything from discus and high jump, to 1500m and 100m races.
See athletes from China, France, Germany, Great Britain, Jamaica, Poland, South Africa and USA battle it out for the $2 million prize fund. Each of the teams are led by a female athlete, in recognition of the Mayor of London’s #BehindEveryGreatCity campaign, which commemorates the 100th anniversary of women being given the right to vote in the UK.
Both evenings feature eight field events and nine track events, finishing with thrilling relay races.
Athletics World Cup programme
Saturday 14 July
- Be amazed by the skill of the athletes in the women’s javelin and long jump, or the men’s triple jump and high jump.
- Watch action-packed track events, including sprints, hurdles and middle-distance races.
- Cheer on the men’s 4x100m and women’s 4x400m relay races.
Sunday 15 July
- Enjoy exciting field events, including the men’s pole vault and hammer throw, and the women’s shot put and discus.
- Follow the competitors on track events such as the women’s 200m and 800m, and the men’s 100m.
- See the men's 4x400m and women’s 4x100m, before the winning nation is presented with the trophy.
Venue Details & Map
Queen Elizabeth Olympic ParkLondonE20 2ST
- Public transport:
- Stratford Station: 20-minute walk (Central and Jubilee lines, DLR and National Rail) Stratford International Station: 20-minute walk (DLR and Southeastern High Speed 1) Pudding Mill Lane station: 10-minute walk (DLR)