Get involved in a jam-packed programme of events at the Summer by the River festival, which takes place in London Bridge City, between London Bridge and Tower Bridge.
Sit down for a film in the outdoor cinema, cheer on your favourite teams during broadcasts of the summer’s biggest sport events, listen to live music and feast on tasty food and drink.
Most events take place at the outdoor amphitheatre, The Scoop, which is set against stunning backdrops of the river Thames and Tower Bridge. Other events are held at Hay’s Galleria and more locations in the area, which is decked out with an English country garden theme for the 2018 festival.
Summer by the River 2018 highlights
- Tuck into street food from some of London’s top vendors at garden-themed pop-ups throughout the festival.
- Celebrate all things Latin with music and dance performances during the La Clave Festival. 9 Jun
- Watch the summer’s biggest sports fixtures, including Wimbledon, Royal Ascot and the Tour de France. Various dates
- Take part in fun family workshops, including making your own pine cone hedgehogs, tote bag printing and fashioning summer crowns. Various dates
- See ballet and opera broadcast live from the Royal Opera House, including Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake and Puccini’s La bohème. 12 and 26 Jun
- Enjoy side-splitting comedy, including improvisations of much-loved films from Comedians Cinema Club or Edinburgh Festival stand-up Lucy Pearman. Various dates
- Join hundreds of others to sing classic hits during a Massaoke session at The Scoop. 8, 15 and 29 Jun, and 20 Jul
- Be inspired by children’s storytelling sessions, from venturing down the rabbit hole with Alice in Wonderland, to exploring the world of The Gruffalo. Various dates
- Be treated to live music spanning all genres, from west-African sounds with Bamako Overground and Brazilian funk by Muntchako, to klezmer-inspired band Tantz. Various dates
- Settle down to hit movies at The Scoop, including Grease, La La Land, Guardians of the Galaxy and The BFG. Various dates
- Make your moves on the dancefloor during a family rave run by kids’ events specialists Raver Tots. 21 Jul
- Rediscover the tale of King Arthur or watch The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with action-packed theatre performances for all the family. Wednesdays to Sundays from 8 Aug to 2 Sep
Most events are accessed on a first come, first served basis; while a limited number of activities require registration in advance. Check the festival website for more information.
This content has been supplied by Summer by the River at London Bridge City