See Southbank Centre transformed into a Nordic-inspired wonderland for Wintertime, the art centre's annual winter festival along the Thames.
Enjoy a packed programme of free and ticketed events, including a Christmas market, festive shows and family entertainment. Over the Christmas and New Year's Eve season, the riverside area glows with glittering lights, festive decorations and a huge Christmas tree.
Southbank Centre Christmas market
Shop for Christmas gifts and quirky crafts at the twinkling wooden cabins of the Winter Market, which line the south bank of the Thames. Tuck into festive snacks and steaming drinks, from mulled wine and hot chocolate, to German sausages, mince pies and spiced cider. And keep the little ones entertained with the family-friendly activities. 10 Nov-30 Dec
Seasonal food and drink
- Grab a pint of craft ale in cosy surroundings at The Hop Locker Bar.
- Experience Swedish food and culture at Rekorderlig’s two-storey pop-up lodge, featuring traditional fire pits and plenty of hot spiced plum cider. 10 Nov-6 Jan
- Head to Jimmy's Lodge, Jimmy Garcia’s pop-up alpine retreat, for a warming meal. 10 Nov-31 Dec
- Take in the views while snuggled under a blanket on the Queen Elizabeth Roof Terrace. 10 Nov-30 Dec
- Visit the Winter Market for more seasonal treats, global street food and hot drinks next to the Thames. 10 Nov-30 Dec
Activities at Southbank Centre's Wintertime
- Warm up in the Finnish rooftop sauna on top of Queen Elizabeth Hall. 10 Nov-30 Dec
- See an award-winning company of clowns perform in Slava's Snowshow. 18 Dec-4 Jan
- Get into the festive spirit with a Christmas concert, traditional choir performance or a seasonal community show.
- Celebrate Sweden’s most successful pop group at the immersive ABBA: Super Troupers exhibition. 14 Dec-29 Apr
- Enjoy a cool line-up of Nordic-themed entertainment, from storytelling and music, to crafts.
- Bring in 2018 in style at A Vintage New Year’s Eve Party. 31 Dec