See Southbank Centre transformed into a festive wonderland for Winter, the art centre's annual winter festival along the Thames.
Enjoy a packed programme of free and ticketed events, including a Christmas market, festive shows and family entertainment.
Over the Christmas and New Year's Eve season, the riverside area glows with glittering lights, festive decorations and a huge Christmas tree.
Southbank Centre Christmas market
Shop for Christmas gifts and quirky crafts at the twinkling wooden cabins of the Winter Market, which line the south bank of the Thames.
Tuck into festive snacks and steaming drinks, from mulled wine and hot chocolate, to German sausages, mince pies and spiced cider. And keep the little ones entertained with family-friendly activities.
Seasonal food and drink
- Cuddle up with a hot spiced cider at The Circus Bar outside the Royal Festival Hall.
- Indulge in cheese-themed food at Bar Under the Bridge – try baked camembert, toasted sandwiches and charcuterie boards, accompanied by wintry cocktails
- Visit the Winter Market for more seasonal treats, global street food and hot drinks next to the Thames.
- Book an igloo at Jimmy’s Lodge, an alpine retreat serving seasonal drinks and warming dishes.
Activities at Southbank Centre's Winter festival
- Get into the festive spirit with a Christmas concert, traditional choir performance or a sparkling seasonal show.
- Bring in 2019 in style at the New Year's Eve Spectacular.
Venue Details & Map
Belvedere RoadLondonSE1 8XX
- 0844 847 9910
- Public transport:
- Underground and Rail Stations: Waterloo, Embankment, Charing Cross or Waterloo East Buses stop on Waterloo Bridge, York Road, Belvedere Road and Stamford Street.