Watch modern and classic movies under starry summer skies with Film4 Summer Screen open-air film festival at Somerset House.
The stunning Edmond J. Safra Fountain Court provides the setting to London’s largest screen set against Somerset House, which itself has provided the backdrop to many movies.
Choose from a mixed programme of UK premieres, old favourites and Cannes award-winning films in full surround sound.
Before the movies start, enjoy DJ sets inspired by the films, an exclusive screening of a short film commissioned for the festival, special guest introductions on selected nights, and plenty of food and drink options; or you can even bring your own picnic.
Film4 Summer Screen 2018 highlights
- See actor Glenn Close and director Björn Runge introduce their drama The Wife, which makes its UK premiere on the opening night of the festival. 9 Aug
- Enjoy a double bill as family adventure Labyrinth is followed by timeless classic The Wizard of Oz. 11 Aug
- Venture into the mind of a movie legend with cult hit Being John Malkovich, starring Cameron Diaz and John Cusack. 13 Aug
- Enjoy two classic fairytales with Jean Cocteau’s La Belle et La Bête and much-loved sequel to Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein. 17 Aug
- Expect plenty of thrills and spills as Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Total Recall is trailed by sci-fi horror A Nightmare on Elm Street. 18 Aug
- See one of the hits of 2017, as Academy Award-wining romantic drama Call Me By Your Name plays out on the big screen. 20 Aug
- Book a spot for the final night of screenings, as a group of naïve student criminals attempt a heist of their college library in American Animals. 22 Aug
Prices and Opening Times
|Adult Ticket||£19.75 to £26.75 per ticket|
Doors open at 6.30pm.
DJs start at 6.45pm.
Films start at approximately 9pm.