See the world differently with innovative art productions, UK premieres and family activities at the Greenwich+Docklands International Festival (GDIF), which takes place across Royal Greenwich, Docklands and Tower Hamlets.
Part of Royal Greenwich Festivals, the annual festival of outdoor theatre and performing arts presents an extensive programme of art installations, street theatre, circus, dance acts and music events, produced by UK and international artists.
This year’s festival is made up of more than 130 performances, which celebrate dreams of love, struggle, ambition and flight, as well as a number of major anniversaries.
Greenwich+Docklands International Festival 2018 highlights
- Marvel at the river Thames as it's lit up by a dramatic light installation featuring more than 1,500 pigeons with Fly by Night. 21-23 Jun
- Honour the centenary of the women’s right to vote by witnessing a high-wire walk between the domes of the Old Royal Naval College with Undaunted. 22 Jun
- Find performances spread across Greenwich Peninsula, the Royal Docks and the Emirates Air Line cable cars with Gateway, marking 70 years since the arrival of Empire Windrush. 22-24 Jun
- Catch everything from circus and dance, to live music and street performances during The Greenwich Fair. 23-24 Jun
- Discover an exciting line-up of outdoor performances, games and installations as part of Eltham Unpacked. 28-30 Jun
- Watch powerful, innovative and playful dance routines as Dancing City takes over Canary Wharf’s outdoor spaces. 30 Jun
- See Jonathan Harvey’s urban fairytale Beautiful Thing, performed close to the play’s original Thamesmead location, during the festival finale. 3-7 Jul