- BBC Proms brings a line-up of classical music to venues across London.
- Catch a wide range of concerts, from world-famous musicians and iconic scores to new works.
- Soak up British traditions during BBC Proms in the Park on the final night of the celebrations.
Hear a wide range of classical music in a season of informal concerts with the BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall and in venues across London.
Each year, the BBC Proms host two months of concerts over the summer, aiming to bring the finest classical music to as many people as possible at affordable prices and in an informal atmosphere.
From classical favourites to contemporary world premieres and family concerts, the BBC Proms offer a stage for leading musicians, singers, orchestras and soloists from across the world with a broad programme of music.
The eight weeks of concerts culminate in the famous Last Night performances including BBC Proms in the Park, full of chanting and quirky traditions.
BBC Proms 2018 highlights
- Kick off the celebrations with free Five Telegrams: Sender, combining spectacular projections and new music on the eve of the BBC Proms. 12 Jul
- Reflect on 100 years since the end of the First World War with classic works and contemporary responses on the First Night of the Proms. 13 Jul
- Witness the premiere of the Swedish Chamber Orchestra as they present Bach’s six Brandenburg Concertos together with new works. 5 Aug
- Celebrate Leonard Bernstein’s 100th birthday by listening to his music from West Side Story, led by conductor John Wilson. 11 Aug
- Discover influential French music from Ravel, played alongside pivotal Debussy pieces, on the centenary of Debussy’s death. 15 Aug
- Explore The Sound of an Orchestra with incredible words, projections and music from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Joshua Weilerstein. 26 Aug
- Enjoy chamber music during lunchtime concerts at Cadogan Hall. Various dates
- Experience a range of musical styles at the Late Night Proms, with music from the likes of Buena Vista Social Club and Youssou N'dour. Various dates
What is Promming at the Proms?
Proms is short for Promenade Concerts: informal and inexpensive concerts which feature the popular tradition of Promming. Take part in this tradition by buying a standing ticket in the central arena or high-up gallery of the Royal Albert Hall for just £6.
There are up to 1,350 standing places available for Promenaders (Prommers) at each concert, with around 500 available to buy on the door before each. A limited number of tickets can be bought online on the morning of the concerts.
Check out our top tips for the BBC Proms for advice on how to make the most of your time as a Prommer.
Visit BBC Proms for more information.
|Tickets||£6.00 to £100.00 per ticket|