What's on in November in London?
There are plenty of things to do in November in London to make the most of the longer nights, or to warm up indoors.
Festive cheer begins to take over the capital from mid-November, as everyone gets ready for Christmas in London.
Unmissable events in November
- Enjoy the ultimate baking day out at the Cake and Bake Show London 2024: See live demonstrations, join a masterclass, do a spot of shopping, try delicious treats, and much more! 27-1 Dec
- Get inspired at the Ideal Home Show Christmas 2024: From amazing gifts to on-trend festive solutions, plan the ultimate Christmas while enjoying free talks and pop-up workshops. 27-1 Dec
- See some amazing Bonfire Night London fireworks: Watch autumn skies light up on Guy Fawkes Night in November.
- Pay your respects on Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday: Take a moment to remember those who fell during the wars during special events and services in London.
- See the EFG London Jazz Festival return to London: Enjoy a spectacular programme of live gigs and special performances from global Jazz stars. TBC
- Admire a colourful array of carriages and costumes at The Lord Mayor's Show: The 800-year-old inauguration ceremony has evolved into a huge procession of marching bands, floats and dancers.
- Dance the night away at Soul City: House and Disco All Night Long: Enjoy soul, disco, house and more from across the ages every Saturday night at this historic venue.
- Join your American friends during Thanksgiving celebrations in London: Attend a festive service and find the best places to devour a traditional meal. TBC
- Surround yourself with bagpipe melodies during St Andrew's Day in London: Rock the tartan and feast on haggis and whisky around the city. TBC
Check back nearer the time for more events in November, or take a look at the London events calendar.
Top November activities in London
- Discover all that London has to offer with a sightseeing pass: Save money by visiting multiple attractions with The London Pass, Go City London Explorer Pass or the Merlin London Attractions Pass.
- Or tick off top sightseeing locations in London with the Total London Experience: A hassle-free day exploring London's best spots.
- Head out on Thames on a sightseeing cruise: Enjoy unrivalled views of the city's best sights, from the London Eye to St Paul's Cathedral.
- Get in the festive spirit at The Postal Museum with their exciting Christmas programme: See the first ever Christmas card, ride the festive Mail Rail, and more. From 1 Nov
- Take a walking tour with an expert local guide: From family-fun on tours such as Paddington Bear, to TV and film favourites Doctor Who and James Bond.
- Or be shown around one of London's top attractions on a British Museum Guided Tour: See the vast collection with someone who knows it like the back of their hand.
- Visit one of London's lesser-known museums: Discover never-before-seen evidence at the Jack the Ripper Museum and watch the Horse Guards at work at the royal Household Cavalry Museum.
- Have fun at one of London's top immersive experiences: Play detective at Sherlock: The Official Live Game, or take a trip to ancient Egypt at the brand-new Horizon of Khufu VR experience.
- Wrap up warm and go on an outdoor aerial adventure at Gripped London: Zip, slide and jump your way through six different adrenaline packed adventure courses.
- Or get competitive at Indoor Go-Karting: Take on your pals at on The Capital Karts' race track where you'll work to take the title of racing champion.
- See the city from a new perspective with a trip up Lift 109 at Battersea Power Station: Delve into the building's rich history before travelling up the iconic chimney to observe London from above.
- Head to a comedy night at the West End Comedy Club: See comedy veterans and up and coming acts at this iconic Covent Garden venue.
- Spend a night at the movies: Head to one of London's best independent cinemas or enjoy an evening at a Vintage Cinema Screening with Cocktails at TT Liquor*.
- Make the most of London's incredible food scene: Take a tour of Borough Market get stuck in at the Ultimate Foodie Cookery Masterclass at The Jamie Oliver Cookery School*.
Theatre shows in London in November
- Laugh out loud at Roald Dahl's Matilda at Cambridge Theatre: See the much-loved children's novel reworked into a hilarious musical.
- Be spellbound with Wicked musical tickets at the Apollo Victoria: Enjoy spectacular effects and show-stopping songs as the untold story of the witches from The Wizard of Oz comes alive on stage.
- Enjoy the inspiring Six The Musical at the Vaudeville Theatre: Meet the Tudor wives taking back girl-power in this historical heartbreak musical.
- Don't miss the brand-new stage adaptation of The Devil Wears Prada at the Dominion Theatre: A hilarious (and stylish!) musical of the blockbuster film and bestselling novel.
- Join the dazzling Mamma Mia! The Party: Dance, dine and have the time of your life at this immersive theatre experience.
- See the beloved Lord Of The Dance at New Wimbledon Theatre: Michael Flatley's dance extravaganza comes to London.
Art exhibitions in London in November
- Marvel at the extravagant Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College: This extraordinary artwork features 40,000 sq. ft of mesmerising walls and ceilings painted by Sir James Thornhill over a period of 19 years.
- Discover Zanele Muholi at Tate Modern: See the key series of works that includes over 260 pieces from Zanele Muholi, one of the most acclaimed photographers working today. Opens 6 Jun
- Don't miss the Astronomy Photographer of the Year at the National Maritime Museum: Explore the work of this exciting annual exhibition that showcases the world's greatest space photography.
- Take a look at the unique Metalworking Now display at the V&A Museum: Discover the unusual and beautiful creations of metalsmiths in the dynamic field of metalworking. Until 31 Dec
- See Flaming June at the Royal Academy of Arts: Witness Frederic, Lord Leighton's Victorian masterpiece on display in London. 25 Nov-10 Mar
Christmas events in London in November
- Get into the festive spirit on a Christmas Lights London by Night bus tour: Enjoy spectacular festive light displays and see the city sparkle.
- Experience Hogwarts in the Snow at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: See the world of Harry Potter transformed for winter.
- Enjoy festive fun for all the family at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park: Fairground rides, ice skating and family shows await this Christmas.
- Explore Kew Gardens at night: Join the magical Christmas at Kew light trail through the iconic gardens.
- Attend an enchanting carol service: Sing along to your favourite Christmas tunes at one of the many shows across the city.
- Or tick off some of London's top Christmas shows and pantomimes: From the hilarious Elf The Musical, to the wholesome tale of Stick Man.
- Pick up the perfect gift at London's best Christmas markets: Peruse the stalls in the city or take a Christmas markets day trip to discover festivities in Canterbury, Winchester or Birmingham.
- Book ahead for New Years Eve celebrations: Spend the evening aboard a Thames river cruise or watch the fireworks from a winter rooftop bar.
Discover more festive things to do in London in November.
You can also find lots of inspiration for this season with this ultimate guide to autumn in London, featuring festivals, immersive experiences and family fun.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see this London weather page.
Sign up to this monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.