Built by Sir Christopher Wren (1685-1695) and reconstructed between 1959-1963 after war damage. Memorials to Shakespeare and Dowland. Early 16thC figures of St Andrew and St Ann holding the blessed Virgin Mary who cradles the infant Jesus. Banners of City and Diocese of London, Mercers and Apothecaries and Blacksmiths Companies and Parish Clerks' Company. There is a 17thC font, 18thC chandeliers, pulpit and Royal Arms. This is a Castle Baynard Ward church.
Please check the website for details of the latest services and opening times.
There is no entrance charge but donations are welcome.
Details zum Veranstaltungsort und Karte
St Andrew-by-the-Wardrobe Church
Queen Victoria StreetLondonEC4V 5DE
- +44 (0)20 7329 3632
- Öffentliche Verkehrsmittel:
- Opposite side of Victoria Street from Blackfiars tube station.