There are more than 500 Blue Badge London guides and more than 200 guided tours and experiences to uncover across the city. Step inside historic museums, venture off the beaten track or explore stunning green spaces, as your local expert brings the city’s incredible history to life and reveals the stories hidden behind the well-known facades of the capital.
A royal day out
- Explore the buildings and places of royal London, many of which are still used by the royal family today, on a Royal London tour.
- Discover beautiful fountains, memorials and wildlife on a London Royal Parks tour, where you might also come across a gallery, a zoo or an open-air theatre.
- Hear about London's more sinister history with a Tower of London twilight tour, accessing the most famous royal prison after dark... If you dare!
- Take advantage of a once-in-a-generation chance to see Britain's largest painted ceiling up close during a Painted Hall ceiling tour at the Old Royal Naval College, as the hall undergoes an extensive restoration project.
Unique British experiences
- Learn about the fascinating beginnings of the capital’s historic buildings on a London architecture tour.
- See the sites in true British style in an iconic Mini Cooper, on a Small Car, Big City driving tour.
- For years, London has been home to some of music's greatest legends. See where some of the most famous UK artists lived, worked and performed on a London rock’n’roll tour.
- Walk in the footsteps of sporting legends on a Wembley Stadium tour, perfect for any football fanatic.
Behind the scenes of London's museums and galleries
- Get a better understanding of the collections on show with a Blue Badge guided tour of the British Museum, National Gallery and Tate Britain.
- Take a guided tour of Greenwich to discover some highlights of this historic neighbourhood, including six museums.
- Enjoy a curator or expert-led tour of the Geffrye Museum, Museum of London and Southbank Centre, or be guided through the special exhibitions at the Royal Academy of Arts.
- A garden and historic site in one, let an expert show you the highlights of the season on a Kew Gardens guided tour.
- Hop from one east London art gallery to another on a bus or walking art tour, organised by Whitechapel Gallery.
- Already taken in the main sites? Try an Alternative London walking tour to discover an unexpected side of the capital.
- London's neighbourhoods are a melting pot of cultures from all over the world, few more so than Brixton, in south London. Discover this buzzing, diverse area on a multicultural Brixton tour.
- Channel your inner Banksy on a street art tour and graffiti workshop.
- On the first Sunday of the month, take a guided tour around Union Chapel, a true Londoner's treasure and one of the city’s most atmospheric music venues.
Backstage at London’s theatres
- Many famous faces have tread the boards at The Old Vic over the decades. Walk in their shoes on Ned's Tour as he takes you around the building sharing many a tale.
- Journey into the past of Britain's oldest grand music hall on a history tour of Wilton's Music Hall.
- Travel back to Shakespearian times on a tour of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and Bankside.
- See what's happening each week at the National Theatre on one of their daily backstage tours.
Autumn events and festivals
- Celebrate the river Thames through a month-long programme of exhibitions, tours and performances during Totally Thames.
- Dig into the London Restaurant Festival for a month of special tasting menus, food hopping tours, wine tastings and more.
- Doors usually closed are opened to the public during Open House London, with more than 800 participating venues across the capital.
- Get ready for cheerleaders, mascots and some serious American sporting action at the NFL International series, played across Wembley and Twickenham Stadiums.
Find out more about what's happening in the capital during London’s Autumn Season.