Tuck into London's delicious food and drink
1. Make the most of London's fine weather by dining al fresco in hidden courtyards and on cool rooftops, including Hampshire Terrace and May Fair Terrace.
2. Soak up the sunshine with a refreshing pint in one of the capital's best beer gardens.
3. Pack a hamper and feast in beautiful surroundings at an idyllic picnic spot.
4. Cool down with a sweet treat from one of London's most delicious ice cream shops.
5. Raise a glass of Moët & Chandon with specially designed High Tea and Le Thé du Soir menus, as the world-famous champagne house takes up residence At The Hampshire Lounge Bar.
6. Sip on cocktails and see the city from a different perspective at a rooftop bar in London.
Join London summer festivals
7. Don the colours of the rainbow and join the LBTQ+ community for a weekend of celebration at Pride in London.
8. Grab your dancing shoes and head to one of the capital’s top music festivals, which hosts some of the world’s biggest names alongside emerging artists.
9. Watch an outstanding lineup of comedians, circus acts and cabaret at the Underbelly Festival in South Bank.
10. Relax on the urban beach and enjoy a programme of immersive theatre and live music at the Summertime Festival.
11. Get involved with London Bridge City Summer Festival’s free fitness classes, live music and film and sports screenings.
12. Watch the colourful parade and feast on Caribbean food at one of Europe’s biggest street parties, Notting Hill Carnival.
Explore London in summer
13. Climb aboard a river cruise and see some iconic sights from the water.
14. Slip on a pair of comfy shoes to explore London’s attractions and architecture on a walking tour.
15. Visit Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and take in panoramic views from the top of the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
16. Take snaps of London's landmarks from an open-top bus tour.
17. Feel the wind rushing through your hair as you discover London with Santander Cycles.
Discover amazing art in London
18. See work from some of the world’s finest sculptors in Regent’s Park with Frieze Sculpture 2017.
19. View new and exciting artworks at the Royal Academy of Art’s Summer Exhibition.
20. Celebrate the new exhibition spaces and reflect on the architecture with the Victoria and Albert Museum's free REVEAL festival.
21. Hunt around town to find a Banksy and other pieces of unique street art.
Find things to do outdoors in London
22. Ramble across ancient woodland and wide expanses of grassland at Hampstead Heath.
23. Explore one of the eight Royal Parks around the city, boasting beautiful lawns, lakes and leisure facilities.
24. Meet furry animals and pick up fresh produce from a city farm in London.
25. Marvel at beautiful blooms and wander through show gardens at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show.
Experience London like a local
26. Get off-the-beaten track and visit one of London’s local neighbourhoods.
27. Browse the book stalls and watch skateboarders as you stroll around the South Bank.
28. Start in colourful Little Venice to explore the atmospheric waterway of Regent’s Canal.
29. Rummage for treasure, find a bargain, buy some blooms or simply tuck into foodie treats at one of London’s top markets.
Discover what's on this summer in London
30. Spot the next big thing at a live music bar in London.
31. Feel romance in the air during a Summer of Love at Shakespeare’s Globe.
32. Enjoy theatre and comedy under summer skies at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre.
33. See a movie against a backdrop of stars at an outdoor cinema, or at one of The Luna Cinema's stunning locations.
Visit top London attractions
34. Delve into the history of the iconic British postal service at the new Postal Museum.
35. Discover why Windsor Castle is rumoured to be the Queen’s favourite residence.
36. Marvel at the 4.5 tonne (4500kg) blue whale skeleton in its new home of Hintze Hall at the Natural History Museum.
37. Admire fine art and lavish interiors at the Buckingham Palace Summer Opening.
Enjoy sports this summer in London
38. Cheer on some of the world’s best cyclists and take a ride on your own bike during the three-day cycling festival, Prudential RideLondon.
39. Watch tennis greats play at Wimbledon with a glass of Pimms at screenings around the city, or wake up early to queue for tickets on the day.
40. Get ready, set and go! See world-class athletes compete at Athletics 2017 in London.
41. Make a splash at one of the city’s lidos and open-air swimming spots.