Plan your carnival experience with our handy Notting Hill Carnival guide 2015. Whether you’re looking for somewhere to grab some jerk chicken and dance to Caribbean beats; carnival tips and transport information or the 2015 Notting Hill Carnival route map, you’ll find everything you need to know for a day out at London’s biggest street party.
Plan your carnival experience with our handy Notting Hill Carnival guide 2015. Whether you’re looking for somewhere to grab some jerk chicken and dance to Caribbean beats; Carnival tips and transport information or the Notting Hill Carnival route map 2015, you’ll find everything you need to know for a day out at London’s biggest street party.
Notting Hill Carnival 2015
- Saturday: 18:00-22:00
- National Panorama Competition
- A free, open-air celebration of Caribbean rhythms and steel bands.
- Sunday: 06:00-20:30
- J’Ouvert from 06:00 to 09:00
- Family Day Parade starts at 10:00
- A child-friendly carnival party.
- Monday: 10:00-20:30
- Main Day
- The main carnival parade. Expect colourful floats, stages, sound systems, street food and pop-up bars.
More than 1 million visitors are expected at the carnival.
Top Carnival Tips:
- Remember hats and sun cream
- Arrange places to meet your group
- Check out the sound systems
- Try Caribbean street food from stalls
- Keep your belongings secure
- Keep hydrated
- Wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes
- Relax, and get into the Caribbean vibe!
Plan Your Journey:
Check the TfL Journey Planner for updates on your outward and return journey: www.tfl.gov.uk/notting-hill
Think Bus! There will be extra night buses during the carnival weekend.
For safety reasons some stations may close temporarily to prevent overcrowding.Bus routes will also be affected. It may be worthwhile walking the last part of your journey or seeking an alternative route.
Underground Stations: Ladbroke Grove – closed, Westbourne Park – disrupted, Royal Oak – disrupted, Latimer Road – disrupted, Notting Hill Gate – disrupted, Holland Park – unaffected, Queensway – unaffected, Bayswater – unaffected, Paddington – unaffected.
Enjoy the flavours of the carnival:
Tuck into jerk chicken, rice and peas, patties, curries and fried plantain with rum punch or fresh fruit juices.
Download the app: www.notting-hill-carnival-mapp.com
Search for all street food stalls, bars, sound systems and services by downloading the free Notting Hill Carnival mApp. Available from Google Play and the App Store.
For more information visit: www.visitlondon.com/carnival
Supported by Mayor of London.