Take a look below for ideas of things to do in London on New Year's Eve, from the London New Year fireworks and special New Year’s Eve day events, to dazzling meals and parties lasting into the early hours of 2018. Whatever your plans, make sure to check availability and book in advance to make the most of London's New Year's Eve celebrations, as spaces are often limited.
Many more New Year's Eve events and activities in London will be announced closer to the date, so check back later for more London NYE 2017 ideas.
London New Year’s Eve Fireworks
The London New Year's Eve Fireworks light up Central London every New Year's Eve with a dazzling spectacle of pyrotechnics. London's NYE fireworks have been ticketed since 2014 - check back later in the year for information on the 2017 fireworks display. You can also watch it live on television.
If you're not attending the fireworks, there are plenty more London New Year’s Eve 2017 activities to enjoy – take a look at some alternatives below.
NYE fireworks cruises and dining
- Watch the fireworks from the river with food, drinks and music on a City Cruises New Year's Eve cruise.
- Take a thrilling speedboat ride, before cruising back to Central London in time to see the New Year's Eve fireworks.
- End the year on a high with dinner at a restaurant with amazing views of the beautiful London New Year’s Eve fireworks, such as Aqua Shard.
London restaurants for New Year’s Eve dining
- Treat yourself to award-winning food on this special evening at a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Book a table at a romantic restaurant for a more intimate NYE dinner with that special someone.
- Try unusual dishes or dine among eccentric decor in a quirky London restaurant on New Year's Eve.
New Year's Eve clubs and parties in London
- Welcome in 2018 at a top New Year's Eve club night in London.
- Have a laugh at one of London’s comedy clubs on New Year's Eve.
- Look out for special themed nights at many of London's pubs and bars on NYE.
Family NYE London ideas
- Enjoy an afternoon skate at one of London's top ice skating rinks.
- Get stuck into festive fun at Winter Wonderland with rides, markets, shows and more.
- Treat the children to a top family show or a spectacular West End performance.
- Tick off some of London’s top attractions, many of which are open during the day on New Year’s Eve.
Things to do on New Year’s Day in London
- Start the new year off with the London New Year’s Day Parade 2018, which sees around 10,000 performers parade through Central London.
- If you’d rather hit the shops, head to one of London’s top shopping destinations to pick up bargains in the January sales.
- Marvel at the Christmas lights which can still be spotted across the city.