There are plenty of things to do in London on New Year's Eve, from the London New Year fireworks to memorable meals and parties lasting into the early hours of 2017.
Keep an eye out for special New Year’s Eve events in London, and plan ahead to make the most of London's New Year's Eve celebrations.
London NYE Fireworks
At midnight on New Year’s Eve, London’s night skies will be a blaze of colour with a display of stunning pyrotechnics from the river on London’s famous South Bank. The London New Year fireworks event has been ticketed since 2014 - sign up now to receive alerts for 2016 London New Year’s Eve fireworks tickets.
If you can’t secure a ticket to the New Year’s Eve fireworks in London, there are plenty of other London New Year’s Eve 2016 activities to enjoy – take a look at some alternatives below.
New Year’s Eve Boat Parties and Dining
- Begin 2017 in style with a New Year’s Eve dinner cruise or boat party in London, from which you’ll see London’s New Year’s Eve fireworks from the water - book in advance to secure your place.
- End the year on a high with dinner at a restaurant with amazing views – where you’ll see New Year’s Eve London fireworks light up the night sky.
- Splash out on some world-class fare at one of London’s many Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Treat your loved one to a special New Year’s Eve meal in London at one of these top romantic spots.
New Year's Eve Clubs in London
- Join in the fun on one of the biggest nights of the year at one of London’s New Year’s Eve club nights. Booking in advance is essential.
- If you prefer comedy clubs, have a laugh at one of London’s New Year’s Eve comedy nights; which will put a smile on your face well into 2017.
- Many London pubs and bars stay open past midnight to see in the new year - entry to New Year’s Eve parties in London is generally ticketed, so make sure to book early.
London New Year’s Eve Shows
- Book New Year’s Eve tickets to one of London’s top West End shows.
- Treat the kids to a pantomime, top family show or a matinee performance at one of London’s children’s theatres on New Year’s Eve.
Family NYE London Ideas
- Enjoy an afternoon skate at one of London's ice rinks.
- Go on a festive themed London tour with the kids, where you’ll see the city lit up with sparkling Christmas lights.
- Tick off some of London’s top attractions – many of which are open during the day on New Year’s Eve.
New Year’s Day Parade and Sales
- Start the new year off with the London New Year’s Day Parade 2017, which sees around 8,000 performers parade through Central London
- If you’d rather hit the shops, head to one of London’s top shopping destinations to pick up bargains in the January sales.
Find more things to do on New Year's Eve.