Armed with a sensible pair of shoes and a determined attitude, bag yourself some amazing bargains in London's huge Boxing Day sales and January sales. Save money on clothes and fashion, get great deals on phones and other electronics, find cheap furniture and everything in between whilst out shopping in London.
Many high street stores in London start their sales immediately after Christmas – either on Boxing Day (26 December), or the day after that – and sales last until the middle of January. Get there early on the first day to get the best deals, or enjoy additional price cuts in the final few days of the sales.
Public transport is limited on Boxing Day (26 December) and New Year's Day (1 January) so make sure you plan your journey in advance.
Plan ahead for the Christmas and Boxing Day Sales 2016
Department stores are always a safe bet for the savvy bargain hunter as everything can be found under one roof. Plus there's a chance to grab a coffee if you start to feel tired.
Now is the ideal time to invest in some designer threads. Splash out at some luxury shopping destinations, such as trendy Kings Road boutiques or on the luxury labels of Bond Street. There'll be plenty of bargains to be found on Oxford Street and Regent Street, and in areas like Seven Dials and Carnaby. Alternatively, stock up on cheap gadgets: Tottenham Court Road is a great place for computers and electronics.
January 2017 Sale Dates: December 2016 to January 2017
Most London department stores usually start their post-Christmas sales on either 26 or 27 December, with provisional end dates in mid-January. Some of the big names having sales include:
- Debenhams: Enjoy exclusive reductions on everything from accessories to furniture.
- Fenwick: Bag great bargains on fashion and accessories at this famous Bond Street store.
- Fortnum & Mason: London's most luxurious food emporium offers up a hearty sale.
- Harrods: The iconic Knightsbridge store's winter sales are famous for big savings on luxury goods.
- Harvey Nichols: The chic department store offers shoppers impressive reductions.
- House of Fraser: Enjoy huge savings on everything, from cosmetics to fashion.
- John Lewis: The popular department store boasts that it's "never knowingly undersold".
- Liberty: Treat yourself to some Liberty luxury at discount prices.
- London Designer Outlet: This exciting shopping destination offers up to 70% off all year round.
- One New Change: Enjoy bargains at 60 stores at this City-based popular shopping mall.
- Peter Jones: Shop in comfort and style at the much-loved department store.
- Selfridges: At Selfridges you'll find six floors of sale-packed shopping.
- Westfield London: Head to Shepherd's Bush to snap up clothes, shoes and more at low prices.
- Westfield Stratford City: Head East for bargains at more than 200 stores under one roof.