The French House in Soho started life as a gin parlour in the mid-19th century, but had become a wine bar by 1914. In the Second World War, the bar was taken over by Charles de Gaulle and his French forces, providing the nickname "the French pub". It's now a bohemian hangout where TV, recorded music and mobile phones are banned.
Venue Details & Map
The French House
49 Dean StreetLondon ChinatownLondonW1D 5BG