Venue Details & Map
The Walmer Castle
58 Ledbury RoadNotting HillLondonW11 2AJ
- +44 (0)20 7229 4620
- Public transport:
- Westbourne Park, Underground
While the Walmer Castle never quite made it to the top of my list of favourite pubs with Thai kitchen, it's always been a reliable choice of go-to places. It must have been a while though since my last visit as a special trip this Bank Holiday Monday was a major disappointment.
Bad enough seeing the Cock & Bottle down the road boarded up, but where were the crowds usually spilling out of the...more
Wife ordered curry and son ordered duck. While good, they asked us if we wanted rice. Of course we wanted rice. Each bowl of rice cost 3£! Ridiculous. Food was ok but felt ripped off.more
You need to try lots of pubs when looking for a prospective local.
As nice and civilised as the Walmer Castle was, it was just a bit blah, a bit expensive and well... it was nice.
Nothing more, nothing less.more
1. It's got a castle in the name. Sit upstairs. 4 stars.
2. The food is friggin delicious. 4 stars.
3. I went there with this really cool black dude with an awesome British accent who worked for some secret financial institution or something. 4 stars.
4. Overall - 4 stars. If you're in this charming neighborhood and want to forget that it's also the name of a Julia Roberts movie before...more
More "French Bistro" feel than English Pub feel here.
This was a welcome respite during the long and crowded Portobello market on a busy Saturday afternoon.
This place is slightly off the beaten path, but is just comfortable.
The wait staff was friendly, and there are nice seating options at the bar, inside, and outside on the standard wooden picnic tables.
They take cards which also makes...more