Venue Details & Map
The Walmer Castle
58 Ledbury RoadNotting HillLondonW11 2AJ
- +44 (0)20 7229 4620
- Public transport:
- Westbourne Park, Underground
Wife ordered curry and son ordered duck. While good, they asked us if we wanted rice. Of course we wanted rice. Each bowl of rice cost 3£! Ridiculous. Food was ok but felt ripped off.more
You need to try lots of pubs when looking for a prospective local.
As nice and civilised as the Walmer Castle was, it was just a bit blah, a bit expensive and well... it was nice.
Nothing more, nothing less.more
1. It's got a castle in the name. Sit upstairs. 4 stars.
2. The food is friggin delicious. 4 stars.
3. I went there with this really cool black dude with an awesome British accent who worked for some secret financial institution or something. 4 stars.
4. Overall - 4 stars. If you're in this charming neighborhood and want to forget that it's also the name of a Julia Roberts movie before...more
Cosy pub, nice interior, chilled atmosphere.
Didn't try the food though so can't comment on that.
Prices on drinks are average, so not too bad.
The location isn't perfect, unfortunately! It's a long walk from any of the tube station around, so do take a bus!more