Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park (known locally as Bow Cemetery) is a historic Cemetery located in London's East End. The nearest tube station is Mile End (see maps and travel). The Cemetery opened in 1841 by an Act of Parliament and is one of London's Magnificent Seven Cemeteries. The Cemetery closed to burials in 1966. It became Tower Hamlets first Local Nature Reserve in 2001. Near-by land was added in the mid-nineties, known as 'Scrapyard Meadow' and Ackroyd Drive Green Link. Today it is 33 acres of 'managed' mature, broadleaved woodland and meadow. It is also a educational resource to 7000+ school children every academic year who use the Park as an outdoor classroom.