A small parish church of 15thC origin - the tower and west wall being of that period and forming the oldest standing part of the medieval hospital of St Bartholomew. The nave was rebuilt in the 18thC and 19thC. The hospital is its own parish, therefore St Bartholomew the Less is, uniquely, a hospital parish church (made such by the letters patent of Henry VIII in 1547). It also features 1950s' stained glass windows to doctors and nurses.
This content has been supplied by St Bartholomew the Less
Smithfield Gate, West Smithfield, London, EC1A 7BE
For More Information:
+44 (0)20 7600 0440
The Church is open for patients and visitors who wish to pray or seek a quiet place.
Church of England and Roman Catholic services are held in the church regularly. Please check the website for details
Venue Details & Map
St Bartholomew the Less
West SmithfieldLondonEC1A 7BE
- +44 (0)20 7600 0440
- Public transport:
- Barbican: Turn right down Long Lane and diagonal left across W.Smithfield to Smithfield gate of hospital.St Paul's: Follow signs to St Bartholomew's Hospital.