Transport yourself to the streets of India with authentic Indian cuisine at Gunpowder.
Set in the heart of trendy Spitalfields, Gunpowder showcases the talents of its chefs, who take recipes from the streets of Mumbai and give them a modern twist.
Try local South Indian delights, including maa’s kashmiri lamb chops and chettinad pulled duck served with homemade oothappam, and enjoy your warm surroundings.
This content has been supplied by Gunpowder
Venue Details & Map
11 Whites RowSpitalfieldsLondonE1 7NF
The food is really fantastic here. Prices are reasonable considering the quality put in the products and the cooking.
However there are a few caveats that annoyed me:
- you can end up being really badly seated if you're on the high tables.
- their waiting system can send you a text message when the table is ready (more than 1 hour wait on weekends), but it only works with UK numbers, which is...more
Pokey, crowded and not very comfortable (unless u like stools and benches) indian. Doesn't matter. Food and service are so good u wont notice this little idiosyncrasies. Cant book, but leave ur name a go for a drink, they will text u when table ready. 20 or so dishes. Only recognised a few names, its okay. Helpful staff will guide u to the right dishes. The differentiators of this indian are...more
Some of the best Indian food i've ever had. Everything we tried was superb. Ochre fries, soft shell crab, whole tandoori broccoli (wow!), lamb chops (sh*ts on tayyabs and/or lahore, but a bit pricier), half a tandoori chicken. all amazing, all reasonably priced and with a freshness and flavour you don't often find.
Yes it's another small plates joint, seem to be going to a lot of these...more
Had a really bad experience there:
1. The team tells you you need to wait 1h and it ends up being 1h45 (apparently sometimes you wait and they don't even bother to give you a table)
2. Half of the menu was out (this is fair enough - it means the things you eat are freshly made but it is a bit disappointing not to be able to order what you want after waiting 1h45)
3. EVERYTHING is very...more
Welcome - 5/5 - Nice friendly welcome, offering to take our coats if we wanted.
Atmosphere - 4/5 - It's quite a small place. We got there as soon as it opened, quiet to start but was buzzing a lively once it filled up.
Cleanliness/Decor - 4/5 - Very clean. Simple decor. Tables of two that could be pushed together to make larger tables, a table with high chairs also. Was a bit tight trying to...more