After 25 years in the Old Staines Fire Station, in 2006 a professionally designed Spelthorne Museum opened with the entrance through Staines Library, Friends Walk. Close to public transport links and with disabled parking spaces in the nearby Riverside car park. The premises are fully accessible for wheelchair users.
The Museum is divided into two rooms -
The Elmsleigh Room, which covers the history of Spelthorne, from the Ice age to modern times. One display case 'Window on Spelthorne' has a different display each month.
The Thames Room, which has a Victorian kitchen layout, a replica Roman shop, the 1738 parish fire engine and the Museum shop and is open when Volunteers are on duty.
This content has been supplied by Spelthorne Museum
Toothill Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4PG
For More Information: