Built by Sir Christopher Wren between 1671-6, with the steeple dating from 1705. Henry Yevele, Richard II's master mason, is buried here. Miles Coverdale, the translator of the Bible into English, held the living from 1564 until 1566. His ashes were removed to St Magnus church when his burial place, St Bartholomew-by-the Exchange, was demolished in 1840. The gilt clock was presented by Sir Charles Duncombe in 1709.
This content has been supplied by St Magnus the Martyr
Venue Details & Map
St Magnus the Martyr
Lower Thames StreetLondonEC3R 6DN
- +44 (0)20 7626 4481