The Eglise Helvétique in London was established in 1762 by a group of expatriate 'Swiss' most of whom at that time were not officially Swiss as they had mainly come from Geneva, Vaud and Neuchâtel, which were not yet part of the Swiss Confederation. The present Swiss Church Building in Endell Street was erected in the early 1850's. It was to replace the 80 year-old Eglise Helvetique in Stidwell Street, Soho which had been built by the Swiss for the Swiss community in 1775. It had been a centre of worship and focal point for the Swiss colony.
This content has been supplied by Swiss Church London
79 Endell Street, London, WC2H 9DY
For More Information:
+44 (0)20 7836 1418