The Clock Tower was opened in 1912 to commemorate the Coronation of King George V the previous year. Previously the Pincott Memorial stood here (it has been relocated further down the Broadway). There are alcoves for four busts on the tower, but only two are used. One of which is of King George V, the other is William Morris, the designer and writer who lived in the Red House, at the local hamlet of Upton, between 1860 and 1865, now Upton Road at the far end of the Broadway.
The Broadway, Bexleyheath, London, DA6 7JN
For More Information:
+44 (0)20 8303 7777