Isambard Kingdom Brunel's first project with his father Sir Marc was the Thames tunnel. The tunnel is a scheduled ancient monument and international landmark site with a museum.
The Thames tunnel, the first under a river, is the oldest section of the London underground. Watercolours, peepshows, engravings, statues and models explain this epic feat of engineering.
This content has been supplied by Brunel Museum and Engine House Rotherhithe
Railway Avenue, Rotherhithe, London, SE16 4LF
For More Information:
+44 (0)20 7231 3840
Brunel Museum and Engine House Rotherhithe on the Visit London Blog
- London Bar and Restaurant News: Halloween Food, Cocktails and Events
- Where to Find Out More About the Tube’s History in London
- Bonfire Night in London: Plan a Sparkling Night Out
- Top 10 Best Bits from the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony
Venue Details & Map
Brunel Museum and Engine House Rotherhithe
- +44 (0)20 7231 3840
- Public transport:
- Turn left into Brunel Rd and then first left into Railway Ave.
Going to Brunel Museum and Engine House Rotherhithe using public transport? Find the fastest route:
Loading reviews for Brunel Museum and Engine House Rotherhithe
Are you a representative of Brunel Museum and Engine House Rotherhithe?
Respond to Reviews
Please be advised that any comments, opinions and statements submitted herewith are entirely independent and do not represent views held by, or are in any way connected to visitlondon.com.