Originally built in 1776 but destroyed by fire in 1802 and quickly rebuilt, the House Mill was part of the Three Mills Distillery. It had 4 water wheels powered by the water or the tide, which operated 12 pairs of millstones. It was the largest tide mill in the country and continued to operate until the Blitz in 1940. Building restored in 1997. Restoration of the water wheels and machinery is planned.
Prices and Opening Times
|Adult Ticket:||£3.00 (USD3.77) per ticket|
|Child Ticket:||Free (USD0.00)|
|Concession Ticket:||£1.50 (USD1.89) per ticket|
Children are free of charge, but must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
May - October
Open every Sunday throughout the period: 11:00 - 16:00
March, April, December
Open the first Sunday of each month: 11:00 - 15:30
Since visitors cannot walk through the building unescorted, admission is by tour only.
Venue Details & Map
The House Mill
Three Mill Lane
- +44 (0)20 8980 4626
- Public transport:
- Take underpass, walk north towards Tesco, along Three Mill Lane and over bridge.
- Booking Facilities
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities