Built in 1929 and Grade II listed, Conway Hall is a landmark of London's independent intellectual, political and cultural life.
The venue hosts concerts, lectures, theatre, events, gigs, exhibitions, talks and even stand-up!
With a capacity for 400 people, the main hall retains its period features and is internationally renowned for its excellent acoustics.
Open seven days a week, Conway Hall offers a unique blend of historic charm combined with a wide choice of events, hirable space and a beautiful wood panelled library.
This content has been supplied by Conway Hall
Events at Conway Hall
Venue Details & Map
25 Red Lion SquareHolbornLondonWC1R 4RL
- +44 (0)20 7405 1818
- Public transport:
- Holborn Underground
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to the bar
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Audible alarm system
- Hearing loop system
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Access into the Building
- Flat routes from parking area to entrance
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Blue badge parking available
- Designated disabled parking available within fifty metres of main entrance
- Drop-off point for guests available outside main entrance
- Public car park available within two hundred metres of main entrance
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Some routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Steps within building
- Attraction Facilities
- Gift shop
- Event Facilities
- In house AV available
- Available for wedding receptions
- Breakout Rooms
- Offers charity rates
- Conference rooms / Meeting rooms
- Event facilities
- Venue allows outside catering
- General Facilities
- Wi-Fi access
An unusual venue in central london, inside there appears to be lots of different rooms, a humanist library and a big hall. I recently went to see burlesque in this venue, but I'm not sure the venue suited the genre.
We were sat in the balcony which provided us a good view of the stage. There were lots of seats available, but it lacked the atmosphere of a burlesque venue and felt like I...more
This is a happy but little strange place.
It's a rented space venue and the groups that rent the rooms are everything from salsa dancing classes, lectures and pagan ritual groups.
Awesome people, amazing energy and really cool activities.
So worth checking out their website and what they got going on.more
Claims to be "the landmark of London's independent intellectual, political and cultural life", it hosts a wide variety of lectures, classes, performances, community and social events. It is the only remaining ethical society in the United Kingdom.
It's a particularly great venue for the Sunday Sermons held by The School of Life http://www.theschooloflife.com/shop/classroom/sunday-sermons/more
Big, rented space venue. Apparently they allow one hour and a half between space rented one and another- on the dot of 4pm(scheduled end of some vegan event) was the announcement, "please leave, or we have to pay extra because there is another event at 5:30!"
As rented spaces go, not bad- a bit crowded with the stalls, but that's how these events go-not the venue's fault. Good, bright...more
I've been to Conway hall 3 times in the past month so needless to say it has something going for it :) Well, not the hall exactly, but the sorts of events put on there. As it's the base for SPES, they tend to hire out the venue to some really cool organisations, such as Centre for Inquiry and British Humanist Association. I believe they also hold some philosophy sorts of classes and workshops....more