The Coronet was opened as a Victorian theatre in 1898 and was soon regarded as one of the finest theatres outside the West End. It hosted members from all walks of society including King Edward VII. It seems famous actor Sir John Gielgud saw his first Shakespeare play there. It has for many years functioned as two-screen cinema and was made famous when Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant filmed a scene there in 'Notting Hill'.
The Coronet has three tiers of seating, stalls, circle and gallery (presently unused) comprising of 400 seats. Screen two has 151 seats. Although in need of much refurbishment, the Coronet remains a wonderful venue not only for Cinema but also for other functions.
This content has been supplied by Coronet Cinema
The Coronet will close for a period of time to allow the venue to receive some much needed renovation, and will re-open to cinema and theatre audiences in Spring 2015.
Venue Details & Map
103 Notting Hill GateNotting HillLondonW11 3LB
- +44 (0)20 7727 6705