Try classic British food
1. Sample piping hot chips and crispy battered fish at one of London's fish and chip shops.
2. Tuck into a traditional afternoon tea at one of London’s classy hotels.
3. Treat the man in your life to a gentlemen’s afternoon tea.
4. Spoil the kids with a Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea at One Aldwych.
5. Enjoy a slap-up Sunday roast at a traditional London pub, and make sure to leave room for a classic dessert such as spotted dick or jam roly poly.
6. Try pie, mash and liquor at London’s best pie shops - braver souls can also sample the iconic jellied eels.
7. Take part in the nose-to-tail dining resurgence at St John.
8. Get your fork into a sumptuous pork pie from fine food stockists Fortnum & Mason.
9. Bite into a posh Scotch egg from Scotchtails.
10. Treat yourself to a hefty slice of Victoria sponge from one of London’s best cake shops.
11. Tuck into a very traditional pairing of haggis and whisky at Boisdale, a lively Scottish restaurant in London.
12. Discover the curious beef cigars at The Shed.
13. Dine on traditional cuisine at Rules, the oldest restaurant in London.
Find more traditional British restaurants in London.
Treat yourself to something sweet
14. Try some of the best doughnuts in London from St John Bakery.
15. Discover the magical chocolate creations at Choccywoccydoodah.
16. Enjoy a taste of “slow food” with dessert at the Petersham Nurseries cafe.
17. Sink your teeth into biskies from Cutter and Squidge – a one-of-a-kind fusion of biscuit, cookie and cake filled with lightened buttercream, handmade jam or award-winning caramel.
18. Visit La Creperie de Hampstead for some of the best crepes in the capital.
19. Try a cronut - a cross between a croissant and a doughnut - at Dum Dum Doughnuts, which can be found in pop-up foodie hotspots Boxpark Croydon, Boxpark Shoreditch and a handful of other London locations.
20. Satisfy your sweet tooth at some of London’s best chocolate shops.
Cool down with ice cream
21. Grab a refreshing, zingy basil and chilli ice cream from the award-winning La Gelatiera.
22. Marvel at Liquid Nitrogen ice cream being made at Chin Chin Labs in Camden.
23. Devour divine gelato from Gelateria 3BIS in Borough Market.
Find more ice cream shops.
Have a late-night bite
24. Chow down on a salt beef bagel at East End institution Brick Lane Beigel Bake - it’s open 24/7 and the bagels are under £5.
25. Select anything on the menu at the glamorous Langham Hotel cocktail bar Artesian, which was named one of the world’s best bars in 2015.
26. See London lit up at night during a sky-high meal at Duck & Waffle.
Find more places to eat in London.
Taste something surprising
27. Try Dinner by Heston Blumenthal's curious meat fruit - a chicken liver mousse made to look like a textured mandarin orange.
28. Choose the famous bread and dripping candle at Restaurant Story - chef Tom Sellers wowed judges at the Young British Foodie Awards with this innovative and delicious dish.
29. Head to HIPCHIPS, which serves up quirky flavour combinations of crisps and dips.
30. Munch on cacao cuisine that goes far beyond just chocolate at Rabot 1745.
31. Share dinner with real Londoners in their homes with VizEat.
Find more quirky eateries.
Sample the capital's best meats
32. Enjoy spiral-cut steak with chimichurri sauce and fantastic views at Gaucho Tower Bridge.
33. Feast on mouth-watering meats straight from the grill at Steak & Lobster.
34. Tuck into a bargain £10 steak at trendy Flat Iron.
35. Try the famous lamb chops from much-loved Whitechapel Punjabi restaurant Tayyabs.
36. Head to Hawksmoor for top-quality steaks, and make sure to squeeze in some of their famous salted caramel rolos.
37. Look out for The Rib Man’s baby back pork ribs in a bun – available every Sunday at Brick Lane Market.
38. Sink your teeth into a selection of meats, from steaks to lamb chops, at Jamie Oliver’s Barbecoa.
39. Indulge in melt-in-the-mouth jamón carved from the bone at Bar Tozino.
40. Taste the perfect sweet and savoury combination of roast duck salad with pomelo at Hakkasan.
41. Dine on weiner schnitzel with all the trimmings at elegant eatery, The Delaunay.
42. Plan a "cheeky" visit to the super-popular chicken chain, Nando’s.
Find more delicious restaurants.
Try London’s top burgers
43. Feast on fantastic burgers at New York import Bleecker.
44. Head to the Boom Burger joint on Portobello Road for a taste of the Caribbean.
45. Visit The Admiral Codrington for delicious burgers and crispy chips in a great pub setting.
46. Scoff the incredible Mother Flipper cheeseburger – the mobile burger van can be found at Brockley Market on Saturdays.
Find more burgers in London.
Taste innovative vegetarian food
47. Try the deliciously indulgent portobello mushroom and truffle pizza at Pizza Pilgrims.
48. Feast on a piled high plate from the entirely vegetarian buffet at Tibits.
49. Tuck into the ‘shroom burger for the perfect veggie alternative at Shake Shack.
50. Treat yourself to a slice of cheesecake or raw chocolate tart from the Wild Food Cafe.
51. Book a special dinner at the inventive London restaurant, Vanilla Black.
52. Choose the scrumptious mushroom and ale pie at Mildreds.
Find more veggie delights.
Discover the flavours of the Far East
53. Tuck into the legendary street-style dan dan noodles at Barshu Restaurant.
54. Treat yourself to two delicious courses of wood-fired Beijing duck at Min Jiang.
55. Try the tasty dumplings at Mama Lan in Brixton Village.
56. Pick up great value dim sum at Royal China.
57. Dine on tasty noodles at Song Que on Kingsland Road, which is lined with Vietnamese eateries.
58. Slurp a steaming bowl of ramen from Bone Daddies in Soho.
59. Queue up for a light and fluffy pork bao from Taiwanese restaurant Bao. It’s worth the wait!
60. For an authentic meal, stop off a restaurant in the vibrant area of Chinatown.
61. Share some Korean street food dishes with friends at On The Bab.
Find more Asian restaurants.
Sample spicy dishes from Brick Lane and beyond
62. Pick up a curry, followed by a cooling mango lassi kulfi, from one of the many Indian restaurants and stalls on Brick Lane.
63. Get your hands on some flavour-packed Indian street food off Oxford Street at Roti Chai - the railway lamb curry is a winner.
64. Try the warming Anglo-Indian masala mash at the Cinnamon Club.
65. Tuck into goat tsukumen at Nanban in Brixton.
Find more Indian restaurants in London.
Find the best kebabs in London
66. Drop by any number of brilliant Turkish restaurants on Green Lanes Harringay – try Gökyüzü’s meat-packed jumbo platter if a few of you are up for a challenge!
67. Try a kebab straight from the ocakbasi grill at Mangal 2.
68. Have a tasty shwarma with a fresh melon juice from Ranoush Juice on Edgware Road.
Sample London's world cuisine
69. Feast on freshly made ceviche at Michelin-starred Peruvian restaurant Lima.
70. Select a traditional Russian shuba salad with salted herring, beetroot, potatoes and mayonnaise at Mari Vanna.
71. Eat pizzas influenced by worldwide cuisines, from Mumbai to Madrid, at Fire & Stone.
72. Taste a host of exotic meats including zebra, kangaroo, crocodile and more at Archipelago.
73. Try some Mexican street food (including chicken tinga tacos) at Wahaca, which started out as a street food cart but now has several restaurants across London.
74. Tuck into dishes from several different countries at Giraffe, which is a great spot for the indecisive diner.
75. Try a range of unusual delicacies, from ostrich to zebra, with the King Shaka game board at Shaka Zulu.
76. Sample burgers with influences from around the world, paired with regional drinks, at Jamboree in Novotel London Blackfriars.
Find more restaurants in London.
Feast on fresh fish
77. Indulge in legendary fish 'n' chips at Poppies.
78. Find fresh shellfish such as lobster, prawns and oysters at West End hangout J Sheekey.
79. Choose the seafood platter at Scott’s for a great selection of shellfish – perfect for a special occasion or romantic dinner.
80. Pick from one of the many shrimp specials at Forrest-Gump-themed Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
81. Try the various top-notch sushi options at Michelin-starred Roka.
Find more fish restaurants.
Make a big deal out of your meal
82. Taste your food in complete darkness during an unforgettable dinner at Dans Le Noir.
83. Feast like a king during a four-course Medieval Banquet with entertainment from Henry VIII and his knights, magicians and other historical figures.
84. Eat your way around East London with the East End Food Tour, stopping for everything from fish and chips to salted caramel tarts.
85. Book an immersive dining experience with the deliciously deceptive Gingerline's secret supper club.
86. Discover a tantalising selection of world-class chefs and London’s hottest restaurants at the Taste of London festival.
87. See London’s top landmarks during a dinner cruise on the Thames with City Cruises or Bateaux London.
Find more dining experiences.
Start your day with breakfast and brunch
88. Try a delicious combination of haggis and fried duck eggs at The Wolseley, or opt for a traditional full English breakfast.
89. Head halfway up London’s tallest skyscraper for weekend brunch at Aqua Shard.
90. Warm yourself up with a cup of chai tea at Dishoom and their signature bacon naan roll.
91. Stuff yourself silly with huge pancake portions at The Breakfast Club.
Find more breakfast venues.
Visit London’s food markets
92. Try all the free samples you can get your hands on at Borough Market.
93. Discover London’s most exciting street food vendors at KERB.
94. Head to Brixton Market to taste an array of foods from around the world.
95. Discover the foodie hidden gem of Maltby Street Market.
96. Tuck into Italian treats at Mercato Metropolitano.
97. Check out a rotating cast of street food vendors at Southbank Centre Market.
98. Visit one of London’s most popular open air markets in Camden.
Find more London markets.
Enjoy a family meal
99. Chow down on succulent smokehouse specials at Hard Rock Cafe.
100. Try one of Planet Hollywood’s famous burgers, while marvelling at the fantastic movie memorabilia.
101. Make sure to try the sparkling volcano dessert at the Rainforest Cafe.
Find more family restaurants.