Treat your mum to her favourite activity in London on Mother’s Day, or get her to try something completely new. Choose from afternoon teas to walks in the park, shopping to bowling, cooking classes to speedboat rides, and pick up the perfect Mother’s Day gift in London.
Browse our top Mother’s Day ideas below to find the perfect thing to do with your mum on Mother’s Day in London.
Mother's Day Food and Drinks
- Book Mother’s Day lunch or dinner in advance, as it’s a popular date for dining out.
- Relax with a Mother’s Day lunch or afternoon tea on the river with City Cruises. 26 Mar
- Tuck into dainty sandwiches and cakes with a traditional afternoon tea in London.
- Or indulge in a Chocolate Dreams afternoon tea, with unlimited hot chocolate at St Martins Lane. 1-31 Mar
- Enjoy lunch with a view at Sky Garden or on a river cruise.
- Splash out for dinner at one of London’s Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Buy her some gorgeous cupcakes on Mothering Sunday.
- Learn to cook something new together with a cooking class.
- Sip on cocktails or champagne at a top London bar.
Beautiful Outdoor Spaces to Discover
- See the first spring blossoms in a beautiful London garden.
- Explore one of London’s most peaceful and picturesque spots.
- Get your mum in for free at WWT London Wetland Centre wildlife reserve. 26 Mar
- Enjoy the views from Hampstead Heath and stop for a drink in a cute nearby cafe.
- Buy your mum a beautiful bunch of flowers at Columbia Road Flower Market.
Cultural Day Out on Mother’s Day
- See the stunning, newly-restored Queen’s House in Greenwich.
- Explore the Victoria and Albert Museum’s exquisite collection of art and design.
- Book tickets to a top art or museum exhibition.
- See how mothers have been portrayed through time with talks and trails at the Museum of Brands. 26 Mar
- Share the magic of a top London musical with your mum, from Mamma Mia! to The Phantom of the Opera and Kinky Boots, or catch The Girls, 42nd Street or another one of London’s new shows (not all productions have Sunday shows, so check timings in advance).
- Look down on the city’s famous buildings from a sky-high attraction.
Activities for Active Mums
- Take a thrilling speedboat ride on the Thames.
- Speed down the river with Thamesjet before relaxing with lunch on the R.S.Hispaniola. 26 Mar
- Challenge your competitive mum to a game of bowling at the all-American All Star Lanes, where she can enjoy a free Mum-osa cocktail on Mother's Day. 26 Mar
- Travel through London by river with MBNA Thames Clippers and get a free ticket for mum. 26 Mar
- Book a private dance lesson, or drop in to one of the daily classes at Pineapple Studios.
- See the city from above with an unforgettable helicopter tour of London.
Mother's Day Shopping and Pampering in London
- Take mum for a day of shopping, dining and entertainment in stylish Covent Garden.
- Browse the boutiques of colourful Notting Hill and its famous Portobello Market.
- Treat her to a relaxing spa in London.
- Book a Mother’s Day stay at a five-star London hotel.
Shopping for Mother’s Day Gifts in London
Opt for the classic Mothering Sunday gift at a London florist, chocolatier or cake shop; find unique and handmade gifts at one of London’s quirky and specialist markets; or search for big brands in London’s top department stores. Alternatively, buy your mum tickets online for a spectacular show, blockbuster exhibition, unforgettable event or hilarious comedy in London for Mother’s Day.
For more ideas on what to do in London this Mother's Day, take a look at our calendar of events and guide to what’s on in London for events taking place on Mother's Day weekend and during the whole of March.