Discover London’s romantic side with that special someone on and around 14 February, with our guide to romantic and quirky things to do for Valentine’s Day 2018 in London.
From Valentine’s Day dinners and champagne with a view, to exquisite flower festivals and adventures for two, impress your date with a romantic getaway to London this Valentine’s Day.
Many more Valentine's Day events will be announced closer to the date, so check back nearer the time for more London Valentine's Day ideas.
Where to Eat on Valentine’s Day in London
- Book ahead for the best table in one of London’s romantic restaurants for Valentines.
- Take to the Thames with a romantic dinner cruise.
- Break the ice with a date in a quirky bar or restaurant on Valentine’s Day.
- Snuggle up by a crackling fire in a cosy pub.
- Splash out on a Valentine's Day dinner in a Michelin-starred London restaurant.
Valentine's Day Ideas and Activities
- Nestle among hundreds of colourful flowers at the annual Orchids Festival at Kew Gardens.
- Watch a classic movie or the latest blockbuster in a unique cinema.
- Pick out a beautiful bunch of flowers at Columbia Road Flower Market.
- Enjoy one of London’s most romantic theatre shows or West End musicals together.
- Wander around museum galleries after dark with a glass of wine in hand at a Museum Late.
- Whisper “I love you” in St Paul’s Whispering Gallery.
- Visit Kensington Palace, the home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and other royal couples before them.
Romantic Views of London
- Sip on champagne as you soar above the Thames with the London Eye Champagne Experience.
- Watch the sun set over the capital from The View from The Shard.
- Take a stroll hand-in-hand to the top of Hampstead Heath, Primrose Hill or Greenwich Park for beautiful views of the London skyline.
- Enjoy a drink with a view high up at Sky Garden or at one of London's best rooftop bars.
Valentine’s Day London Adventures for Two
- Hold on tight to each other on a Valentine's Day speedboat ride.
- See the city from above with a ride on the Emirates Air Line cable car or splash out on a London Helicopter Tour.
- Whizz down The Slide at the Orbit after taking in the panoramic views together.
Valentine's Getaway in London
For more year-round romantic ideas, take a look at our roundup of 101 romantic things to do in London and weekend itinerary for couples, or browse our guide to what's on for more things to do during your visit.