Discover London’s romantic side with that special someone on and around 14 February, with our guide to romantic and quirky things to do for Valentine’s Day 2017 in London.
From Valentine’s Day dinners and champagne with a view, to exquisite flower festivals, poetry readings and adventures for two, impress your date with a romantic getaway to London this Valentine’s Day. And if you’re not so keen on the big loved-up day, we’ve also included some anti-Valentine’s Day ideas in London below, for singles and couples alike.
Many more Valentine’s events will be announced closer to the date, so check back nearer the time for more London Valentines’ Day ideas.
Romantic Views of London
- Sip on champagne as you soar above the Thames with the London Eye Champagne Experience.
- Watch the sun set over London from The View from The Shard.
- Take a stroll hand in hand to the top of Hampstead Heath, Primrose Hill or Greenwich Park for beautiful views of the London skyline.
- Enjoy a drink with a view high up at Sky Garden or at one of London's best rooftop bars.
Where to Eat on Valentine’s Day in London
- Tuck into a Valentine’s Day dinner as you glide along the Thames on a romantic dinner cruise.
- Book ahead for the best table in one of London’s romantic restaurants.
- Treat yourselves to Sanderson’s enchanting Mad Hatter’s Afternoon Tea which gets a romantic twist for Valentine’s. 11-14 Feb
- Break the ice with a date in a quirky bar or restaurant on Valentine’s Day.
- Enjoy a Valentine’s meal with stunning views over the Thames, with oysters, champagne and more at Gillray’s Steakhouse. 10, 11 and 14 Feb
- Snuggle up by a crackling fire in a cosy pub.
Romantic Daytime Ideas
- Nestle among hundreds of colourful orchids at Kew Gardens. 4 Feb-5 Mar
- Hear stories of royal loves as you enjoy a prosecco afternoon tea with Making Love at the Queen’s House. 14 Feb
- Whisper “I love you” in St Paul’s Whispering Gallery.
- Pick out a beautiful bunch of flowers at Columbia Road Flower Market.
- Visit Kensington Palace, the home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and other royal couples before them.
- Sample treats from Champagne + Fromage on a Thames River Services cruise to Greenwich.
Evening Valentine’s Day Activities in London
- Follow an enchanting trail of lights at the Magical Lantern Festival. 19 Jan-26 Feb
- Listen to Keats’ love poems with a Valentine's Late Night at the home of the celebrated romantic poet. 11 Feb
- Go stargazing together through an 18-tonne Victorian telescope and learn more about the night sky with the Royal Observatory Greenwich’s A Valentine's Evening with the Stars. 14 Feb
- Step inside Emma Hamilton’s world of seduction, with dancing, mask-making and Nelson’s love-letters to Emma, at the National Maritime Museum’s Seduction Late. 14 Feb
- Watch a classic movie or the latest blockbuster in a unique cinema.
- Enjoy an unforgettable West End musical or theatre show together.
- Wander around empty museum galleries with a glass of wine in hand at a Museum Late.
Valentine’s Day London Adventures
- See the city from above with a ride on the Emirates Air Line cable car or splash out on a London Helicopter Tour.
- Jump into a two-person inflatable kayak to take on the rapids at Lee Valley White Water Centre. 12 Feb
- Whizz down The Slide at the Orbit after taking in the panoramic view together.
Alternative and Anti-Valentine’s Day Events in London
- Gather at the site of Anne Boleyn’s burial for the after-dark sketching session Romance is Dead, exploring the stories of those who died for love at the Tower of London. 13 Feb
- Get together with fellow Valentine’s Day haters at Proud East’s Anti-Valentine’s Day Party – singles, couples and everyone in between can join in with pool, ping pong and more fun and games. 14 Feb
For more year-round romantic ideas, take a look at our roundup of 101 romantic things to do in London and weekend itinerary for couples, or browse our guide to what's on for more things to do during your visit.