Watch world-class dance performances by choreographers from around the world during Dance Umbrella.
The annual international dance festival brings innovative performances to iconic and unusual London spaces, from well-known cultural and dance venues to shipping containers and town halls.
The festival also presents a programme of workshops, talks, discussions, exhibitions and screenings, with activities for newcomers and families as well as dance professionals.
Dance Umbrella 2017 festival highlights:
- Watch a captivating duet between dancer Satchie Noro and a 40ft shipping container with Origami, a free outdoor performance taking place in five locations along the Thames. 11-15 Oct
- Catch Spanish dancer Rocío Molina’s passionate take on flamenco in her latest work Fallen from Heaven (Caída del Cielo) which explores womanhood at the Barbican. 12-14 Oct
- Experience Freddie Opoku-Addaie's vibrant party of global-inspired dance and live music from Yaaba Funk and Kioko with Out of the System at Rich Mix. 16-17 Oct
- Enter a visually psychedelic world filled with wit and surrealism as you watch South Korean choreographer Eun-Me Ahn’s Let Me Change Your Name at The Place. 24-25 Oct
- Consider the ways in which we view theatre at choreographer and author Liz Lerman’s Finding the Thread, Losing the Plot lecture at the National Theatre. 11 Oct
- Glimpse dancers in east London homes and spaces in Austrian choreographer Willi Dorner’s free photography exhibition Stratford Living at Sadler’s Wells. 11-28 Oct.
- Take the children along to the mesmerising DOT, a performance that combines technology and dance to create a world of light, colour and imagination, with showings at artsdepot, Watermans, the Albany at Trinity Laban and Stratford Circus Arts Centre. 22, 24, 26 and 28 Oct.