Enjoy an incredible array of events, plus a marketplace full of food and drink options at Southbank Centre’s Summertime festival.
The festival's summer line-up includes more than 40 events, from street performances and family activities, to summer banquets and live music.
Celebrate all things Nordic with speciality food, dancing and music. Or if you want to embrace sunnier climes, chill out on the Urban Beach (22 May-28 Aug). Get involved with activities at one of six themed weekends (22 Jul-28 Aug), including Jazz Re:Fest & Live Music Arts, British Summertime, Tomorrow’s Warriors and Social Dancing. And mark Refugee Week (18-25 Jun) with workshops and artistic installations.
Summertime 2017 Event Highlights
- Enter a world of boundaries and new openings with Scandinavia's contemporary circus company Cirkus Cirkӧr. 13-16 Aug
- Tuck into dishes from the grill at pop-up king Jimmy Garcia’s The BBQ Club and admire stunning views of the Thames from the roof terrace. 19 May-24 Sep
- Explore themes of loneliness and isolation in a hyper-connected world with Surrounded By Strangers, an installation from South Iceland Chamber Choir where guests can wander through the performance space. 1-2 Jul
- Join in the festivities at Swedish Crayfish Feasting, a traditional Swedish party where you can enjoy seasonal seafood, learn Swedish songs and create your own crayfish bib. 19-20 Aug
- Watch the English National Ballet perform Romeo and Juliet at the Royal Festival Hall, celebrating the 40th anniversary of the landmark production choreographed by Rudolf Nureyev for the Queen’s Silver Jubilee. 1-5 Aug
- Don your dancing shoes and take part in free ballroom dancing lessons at Strictly Southbank. 13 Aug
- Jump on board The South London Soul Train as DJ veteran Mickey Smith takes over the Riverside Terrace with soul, funk and groove tunes. 5 Aug