See the magnificent Tall Ships as they return to the Maritime Greenwich and Royal Arsenal Woolwich riverfronts.
A fleet of more than 30 ships takes to the river Thames for four days of festivities over the Easter weekend, as the crews prepare for a 7,000 nautical mile transatlantic race to Canada. The vessels will leave London at the end of the weekend, setting sail for Portugal, Bermuda and Boston, before arriving in Quebec on 18 July.
Things do Do during the Tall Ships Regatta
- Embark on a two-hour cruise aboard one of the beautiful Tall Ships. 12-16 Apr
- Watch the dazzling evening firework displays from the riverbank or from the river on a Tall Ships fireworks cruise. 12-15 Apr
- Set sail for a glamorous VIP dinner cruise aboard a Tall Ship before watching the fireworks. 12-15 Apr
- Look out for the Tall Ships moored in Woolwich and Greenwich and enjoy maritime-themed activities in both town centres. 13-16 Apr
- Catch the spectacular Parade of Sail from 5pm on the last day of the festival, as 30 Tall Ships are joined by a number of smaller sailing vessels to sail out of London for Canada. You can even be part of the parade aboard one of the Tall Ships. 16 Apr
- Get up close to the Tall Ships and watch the fireworks from the river with a glass of sparkling wine in hand with City Cruises. 12-16 Apr
Make a day of it by exploring Cutty Sark, the Royal Observatory and the National Maritime Museum, immersing yourself in the rich maritime history of Greenwich.