Explore art, history and heritage after dark with Museums at Night events across more than 30 venues in London.
Every year in May and October, major museums, heritage sites and historic properties, as well as smaller cultural venues open their doors for the biannual nationwide festival.
Discover new exhibitions, take torchlit tours, enjoy live music in historic surroundings, and engage in a range of free and ticketed night-time activities.
Museums at Night May 2017 Highlights in London
- Learn about customer behaviour with Neuroscience: Why People Buy talk and demonstration at the Museum of Brands. 17 May
- Get arty with Vices and Virtues: Life Drawing experience in the dramatic surrounding of the Painted Hall. 18 May
- Travel back in time to a Victorian Variety, including folk music, craft beer and period entertainment at Fulham Palace. 18 May
- Explore the house that inspired Horace Walpole’s Gothic novel The Castle of Otranto, with The Original Gothic Experience at Strawberry Hill House. 18 May
- Enjoy live music, drinks and more Dickensian activities in the former home of the renowned author with Dickens After Dark at the Charles Dickens Museum. 18 May
- Take part in Renaissance-themed workshops and activities at the National Gallery’s free Renaissance Late. 19 May
- Handle objects from the museum’s collection, and hear from the experts at the Bank of England Museum’s free Banknotes and Bullion event. 19 May
- Don your finest 60s outfit and be transported back to the swinging decade with displays, talks, music, workshops and cocktails at The National Archives’ Sixties evening. 19 May
- Enjoy a free Taxidermy Late featuring live demonstrations, short film screenings and cocktails, plus explore the Grant Museum of Zoology’s quirky collection by night. 20 May
Find more Museums at Night events in London.